Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Short morning for Dinker

Cooter

Dinker is tagged out. Story pix and video to come. One happy dad here...... :D

Mobil Cooter using IW

I went out yesterday mid morning and set the blind and had everything ready to go. Woke him at 0415. He didn't seemed too pumped. I said what time did you go to bed midnight? He said yeah but that's my choice. Which it is but he was also paying for it and I reminded him of that.

On the walk in I knew we would walk close enough to a roosting tree that we would probably be able to see them and we did. I pointed them out to him and he started to whisper but I quickly hushed him. We were less than 30 yards from them. I could make out three birds.

We continued to the blind. Had the spread set out and were settled in by 0540. Not much in the way of gobbling all morning with the wind and light sprinkle. The one in the tree we walked by the bird only gobbled twice. They flew down to the other side of the creek and I thought well probably not going to get that bird. The hens were yelping and the tom would fire off when I would get aggressive on the call. Then I started challenging a hen and she was calling back and coming in. Heard her fly across the creek then she appeared on the sand bar still yelping back and forth with me. Tom came out shortly after followed by two other hens. He strutted for a bit then folded up and started the mean walk.

Oooh yeah it's on. Before I knew it he flew across the crick and was charging.

Didn't get much footage of him coming in came from behind us great hunt none the less. My son is a turkey magnet. Last year two birds came from over 200 yards and this year one flew across a creek for him. Great memory I will cherish for the rest of my life.

1 1/8" spurs
10" beard
25lb 2oz

Video link
http://youtu.be/Z8MlUbFIO8s

20130406_065032_zpsb09f3cf3.jpg

IMG_01101_zps134b9d04.jpg

Got a laugh when he asked "How many trips is it going to take to get all this out" when I started packing stuff on the cart. :D "One" I said......
20130406_073535_zps66d2e253.jpg

-}}}---------->

Last edited:
That's awesome! Congrats to you guys. We couldn't get the birds to come in, so we're trying the strutting BP in the morning.

Top Bottom