Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Shotguns

deerhunter93

I am ready to get a new gun. I am looking for a 12 gauge that is a good slug gun and a good turkey gun. I assume I will need two different barrels to do this. I have a youth shotgun that I turkey hunted with but it is getting too small. It is a Mossberg 20 gauge and I used my dad's 12 gauge during turkey season this year and liked it. What would you guys recommend? I really don't have a clue about shotguns so I would appreciate some help. I also don't know prices but I would like to stay under $400 if that is reasonable. So, what do you guys think?

Thanks for all the help!

Remington 870, been around forever and are a great gun for the money. Also about the best thing you can buy for less than $400.

Rem. 870 must say you cant beat them. Tough as nails and very dependable. The choices are endless for these guns.

I am partial to the mossberg 500's. Great all around gun for about $280.00. I have 2 of them and love them. Try finding friends or relatives that have different types and shoot them and bit. See what type fits you best and feels the best to you. All the guns on the market in this price range are very good, and it will really come down to personall preference, like ford vs chevy vs dodge......

Save your money and buy a TC 12ga with the slug barrel, mount a 3-9 Leupold or another good scope and you'll never be sorry. You must order the base from TC, use steel rings. Mine shoots consistant 1-2" grps (ctr to ctr) at 100yds and 4" grps at 200yds. Zero in 3 inches high at 100 yds, dead on at 150, 6 inches low at 200yds shooting Hornday 250 grain SST shotshells. Killed a coyote at 232 yrds the other day, held 6 inches over, dead in the ticker! Good luck...

I'm also going to have to say that you can't go wrong with the Rem. 870... I bought the 12 ga 870 supermag (3.5 inch chamber) about 5 years ago. I waxed a big ol tom with it at 63 yards with a 3.5 inch Heavishot #6, and for slugs, I just use 2 3/4 inch remington sluggers through my bird barrel with an improved cylinder choke and a BSA red dot sight and it shoots like heaven.

870 is a bullet proof gun. got one chambered in 3" and a black synthetic gun which I use for turkey, ducks, deer, any other animals I want to shoot and even a boat ore if you need one. lol. They are simply a reliable gun that doesn't wreck the bank account but will never let you down.

870 best shotgun for under 400 bucks! I wana say the last time i seen them at scheels it was 340.00 for the shotgun and (2) barrels!

I've had my 870 for 17 years and it is still my "go to" killer gun even though I have some that look prettier.

i would say either the 870 or benelli nova, i like my benelli but you can't go wrong with the 870.

I'd save alittle more and get a used Remington 1100 got mine for around 475.00 and I love the gun... everyone in my hunting group uses one an they love there's. I own 3 mossberg 500s an love them also. I may sell one that has a 18in slug barrel and a 28in with a scope...

I have remingtons,savages and mossbergs.I like them all and they are good guns.If I had only one gun to use it would be my beretta.Italian made guns are the best in my opinion.You can't go wrong with a beretta or a benelli.They cost a little bit more but are well worth it over the life of the gun if you plan to keep it.Check out gunbroker.com or auctionarms.com.I'm sure you can find something there.Good luck on your search.

Top Bottom