Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

should i?

flugge

The past 2 days I have went out bowhunting, I have seen a button buck and a small doe. And they both walk right under my stand. I thought about taking the doe, but she is smaller than the buck. SO I have let them walk 2 times now, Last week, I had a big one antlered 4 point come in that was huge..Should I wait? or should I shoot the doe? or should I quit.haha..cause the squirrels seem to be pretty horny...haha, sorry..but I dont know what to do, so I am asking all of you fellow hunters...thanks alot
Ryan Flugge

If you are trophy hunting, pass them all up and wait for something bigger. If you are meat hunting, take the doe and let the buck grow another few years. You have to figure out what exactly your hunting for and the rest will fall into place. My $0.02.
Good Luck and keep us posted on what you do.

BT

I agree with Big Timber,let the buck grow and take the doe.If you shot the small buck you would just throw the antlers in a corner and forget about them so why not let'em grow till he's something to be proud of.
Good luck!

The doe will be better eating, anyway.
Let the bucks grow, improve your buck:doe ratio, and nail the doe.

You should make your own choice to enjoy your own hunt. Everyone hunts for various reasons.

You only need to be satisfied with yourself.

We have an abundant supply of deer right now in Iowa and I don't believe you would hurt anything by taking either one.

There are plenty of us these days that let plenty go.

But it should be your choice and nothing is legally or ethically wrong with that to my knowledge.

Shoot whatever one trips your trigger Ryan. Remember your out there to enjoy yourself, not compete. Good luck.

G6

Top Bottom