Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Show me some full sneak mounts.

ILL BUCK

I am trying to talk myself into getting this years buck mounted in the full sneak position. I have never had one mounted this way before.
Can any of you guys or gals show me some of your full sneak mounts??

Here is a couple...

2604Frnt-med.jpg

262002.jpg

It took me awhile to decide if i could go with the mount too, I am glad I did, I will post some photos later of him when I get home, you won't be dissapointed it is really a sweet look

What taxidermist did you take your deer too LimbChicken? I really am impressed in the look of your mount.

I think full sneaks looks best from below, so put them high on the wall. Thanks for the comments Rudd and Mike, and yes it did inspire me.

Just noticed this thread and decided to add two of mine, the droptine was supposed to be a left turn but the hide came back from the tanners a little short on the left side. So they are pretty similar. I am still happy with them.
2026boonersneakmount.JPG

2026droptinesneakmount.JPG

Ill Buck,

It's been my experience that the full sneak looks better on tall and tight racks. Wider bucks don't tend to look as good in this pose. It also depends a lot on where you hang the mount. You need to have the right turn, and the mount needs to be a the right height. I have a full sneak that hangs about chest high on my wall. It is a tall and narrow rack and it is probably my favorite mount of my six heads.

Ill Buck,

Just got my most recent one back a couple of weeks ago. Used the Joe Meder form which is called full sneak with the offset shoulder...right turn. I'll try to get a picture up, but suffice to say, it has overtaken the piebald pheasant as my favorite piece of taxidermy in the room. That particular form is really nice. Another element is the ears. I personally really like the full sneak forms with ears in the alert position...just seems like they'd look like this if they were in that position. My 2 cents...

NWBuck

Top Bottom