Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Silent System?

simplesimon

I just purchased a product called Silent System from Hunter Safety System and I was wondering if any of you have tried it. I bought it as a slip resistant material for my treestand. The only problem is that it has a strong glue odor and I was concerned whether or not it would go away once I apply it to my treestand. It almost smells like bondo(sp) that is used in a autobody shop. What do you all think I should do? This product says that it will eliminate unwanted game-spooking noises but I think the smell will alert every deer that is in the area.
confused.gif

Never used that product Dirtball,but if the odor is that severe as you claim,I doubt it will dissipate that much by the start of the season.I probably wouldn't chance it,this close to the start of the season.Anything with a strong odor like paint,I normally take care of right after the season so it has time to dissipate.So I'd do the same with that and apply it right after the season.You could try setting your stand out in the rain if you decide to apply it now,but if it dosen't dissipate in time your stuck with it.
shrug[1].gif
Then you'll be known as Stinkball
jester.gif

Thanks PA, I rolled it out yesterday evening and the odor is not as strong as it was when I took it out of the original container that it was in when it was shipped! Our season opens next weekend so I will evaluate the odor the next couple of days and if I am not comfortable using it I will apply this January. Oh by the way I think you are the one with odor issues(Gumoflage)
evil.gif

I kind of figured that was coming
30577-rotflmao1.gif
But anyways,Good Luck this season Stinkball,I mean Dirtball
grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Oh by the way I think you are the one with odor issues(Gumoflage)
evil.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Dirtball: Bonker has just the right scent control system for you. Ask him about it!
smirk.gif
smirk.gif

Top Bottom