Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Simmons Buck?

Hey Guys,

Just wanted to help David out. He did NOT post the pictures. I received an email with the photo from a cousin. I read the forum on iowaoutdoors.org and thought I would post it. I emailed it to david. In the mean time David read that the hunter did not want it posted, therefore, david and myself out of respect for the hunter, did NOT post it. David is a well respected iowaoutdoors.org contributor and does not deserve to be insulted on iowawhitetail.com.

I agree. The pictures obviously have gotten into the wrong hands to begin with or someone took the pitures and shared them. Who knows. It would have been better for the press to get involved in due time. Now that the pictures are out, the press will be all over that kids doors! That's when the mayhem starts, if it hasn't already. What would you do with the deer in the meantime to help decrease the chance of it being stolen, besides sitting and sleeping where it is hanging, with your shotgun by your side? Would you take it to a locker? Taxidermist? Call the DNR to have them store it in a safe and unknown place? What are the procedures, if there are any?

Do people honestly think someone will try to steal it? Am I just that ignorant? What value does that have to someone who stole it. Surely he can't resell it without the rack being recognized?

do u remember the andrews buck its the state bow record now shot in indepence few years ago and it got stolen out of his house. i wouldnt have this thing at my house right now. he has it locked up somewhere. any one have any ideas what he will score. i was lookin at the andrews buck and i think this thing is big it has 15 typical points im guessin hes a 260 deer.

I received a pic at 8:30 the night it was shot I am sure the pics are everywhere it is Mon. And I think that someone will try to think of a way to get his hands on the rack. Some guys will do anything for a huge deer like that. It is pretty sad.

im pritty sure the deer is locked up safe right now i couldnt amagin having that thing in my possesion when someone could break into ur house

Funny someone shoots a big deer, and all heck breaks loose. Its a deer guys. Congrats to the hunter, I'm pumped up for him to be able to shoot a buck of that caliber. But dang, its still just a deer, but a big one at that.

IowaOutdoors.com removed the pictures. Gotta give them props for that. David, I see you removed them from here too. Nice job man!

Well it may have gotten deleted from here and IO but I have found it on 4 other sites across the country. Personally I wouldn't have sent it out to anyone at all if I had gotten that thing. Till I knew for sure it was locked away. Grads to the young man who shot it. One heck of a buck!!!

It is kind of sad that one has to think of locking such a thing away.

I saw it on archerytalk...great buck, congrats to the guy. I must confess, I once shot a pretty good buck. I'd say maybe half a dozen people have ever stopped to look at it, we live on a different planet dang near. lol

From NorthAmericanWhiteail.com:

"MOUNTS STOLEN

Tragically, the mount of this buck was stolen from the Andrews home in Buchanan County on June 18. Eight days later, Jack Bell's 237 7/8-inch shotgun non-typical (featured in our Nov. 2003 issue) was stolen from that hunter's home in Des Moines County. While the two locations are several hours apart by car, the timing of the thefts has led investigators to wonder if they were in some way related.

If you have information that might aid authorities in recovering either of these world-class whitetails, please call the Buchanan County Sheriff's Department at 319/334-2567."

It can and does happen. Also read that this same thing happened in Georgia with a record buck.

Sorry Guys..the link didn't go exactly to the deers photo. you'll need to scroll down and you'll the the monster infront of a pile of apples. it was cuddeback's picture of the week last week.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Saskguy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It is kind of sad that one has to think of locking such a thing away.

I saw it on archerytalk...great buck, congrats to the guy. <span style="color: #FF0000"><span style='font-size: 20pt'>I must confess</span>,</span> <span style="color: #FF0000"><span style='font-size: 20pt'>I once shot a pretty good buck</span></span>. I'd say maybe half a dozen people have ever stopped to look at it, we live on a different planet dang near. lol </div></div>

Congrats to Mr. Simmons that's a great buck.

Understatement of the year Kaare! /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif

I just read this thread...Crazy!

Kaare, I've got nothing huge like you, but your about the only dude to ever stop by for a gander.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: iowamonsterbuck</div><div class="ubbcode-body">To me it looks to be a different buck I think the simmon's buck looks alot bigger but maybe its just me. </div></div>

I agree. The Simmon's is wider and the brow tines have more points.

the original problem came from closer to home to the kid who shot that buck than the guys on these websites. BTW, I love how a hot topic like this (or when T-250 joined up) bring a ton of first time posters. I always wonder how many will actually stick around?

A person shoots a big buck, show a friend or two...emails them some pictures and then it is forwarded on from there. It doesn’t take long to snowball out of control. The blame should be on the first few who forward the picture, but it’s usually several people down the line that take the brunt of the blame.

Just a buck...we’ll all see it in due time.

I haven't seen it, but I'm patient enough to wait because it's just a picture.

Why does everyone have to be the first?

It's too bad for the hunters-sake that so many specifics spread so quickly. Too bad it has to be this way, but it's why a lot of us try to keep our personal info...just that, personal.

I've got a different perspective on these huge deer and how they are handled by the lucky hunter.
Being part of the original "gang" that started the Deer Classic, I've talked to many, and I mean Many lucky hunters that have killed B& C bucks, and infact the very first year of the classic we had over 100 of these same hunters bring their mounts to Des Moines and display them for all the world to see. All that I can remember, still had them in their home enjoying them with friends and family.
Since the Andrews buck was stolen along with a few others I've seen this paranoya (sp?) erupt to unheard levels, and it seems we have all fueled the fire with our comments. No wonder this kid is scared to show this great buck with everyone telling him someone is probably stalking the deer right now and he must hide it to be safe.
Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't hang the thing in the town square and be stupid enough to leave it unattended, but isn't this a time for the hunter to revel in their accomplishments sharing it with others that can appreciate what he has done with a stick and string.
One last thought, if I was afraid of it being stolen, I'd have the picture of that sucked pasted everywhere for the world to see...I'd also let the world know what the buck looked like from every angle possible so that there would be no dought that this was my buck.......AND I'D ENJOY IT!
I hope for this hunter he can enjoy his great buck without the rest of the hunting community telling him to be afraid of his own shadow. Just my opinion.....I hope we all can experience this terrible thing of shooting a B&C buck someday!

This is'nt pot stiring.....but has anyone been reading thru the 18 sites about this deer and heads beeing scratched about high fencing?? Just a ?

Top Bottom