Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Single pin sight!

You want to adjust it while hunting or just use one stationary pin? I bought a spott hogg cause they are solid & the pins are protected with wire & well built. Just put the rest of the pins on the bottom (or can remove) so I just have one pin. Love that sight and I've been thru a whole bunch (a lot had fiber optics and pins break from little twigs & walking in/out of timber).

Without a doubt if you want an adjustable single pin sight go with an HHA. I have one on each of my bows and love them. Unfortunately I don't know the exact model they are but I would get the one that has 6' of fiber optics and also has an adjustable rheostat. The adjustable rheostat allows you to adjust the brightness level of the pins at any time. It is a feature I always use...can't live without it after having it. I also got the model that has the smaller pins (.010) but that is a personal preference. I turned my dad onto this sight this year as well and he absolutely loves it.

I've been shooting an hha single pin for 6-7 years. I have recently ordered a spot Hogg. hha will be fine for most guys. it did everything I wanted it to do. I'm just looking at switching it up and would like 2nd 3rd axis adjustment.
hha offers an axis adjustment block but I just don't like the way it is built and makes the sight a little awkward. for the price of the sight hha will work just fine. the yardage tapes have always come out right on the money for me out to 70-80 yards on the new tapes

No complaints with my HHA's. I am on my second one and wouldn't shoot anything else. Very durable and reasonable price too. But make sure you spend the extra $20 to get the one with the rheostat! Its money well spent.

I run the HHA OL-5519. If you are going to run a single pin there's no reason to not want an adjustable. If you plan to 'set it and forget it' at 25y, then you still have the option to mark the tape out to longer distances for target shooting.

That said, I'll continue the HHA for as long as I shoot a compound.

I have a CBE tek hunter on my hunting bow. Love that sight. Boss Hogg on my target set up...another great sight.

I should mention that I would not be concerned with your "typical" bowhunting situation and moving the pins. You will learn to compensate (have all my life :D) and make a "judgement call" in the heat of battle. I have yet to move my site to make a shot the last 5 years on my bucks. Does feeding, and a range finder may be a different story and I typcally adjust the site, it just seems to happen so fast sometimes. Especially is you are shooting one of today's speed bows.

2012- 23 yards
2011- 46 yards
2010- 42 yards
2009- 17 yards
2008- 12 yards
2007 and beyond---- TROPHY RIDGE SITE THAT SUCKED

I as well shoot an HHA sight and have been for about five yrs now and wouldn't buy anything else. Can't go wrong

Like many other, I've been shooting a HHA for years. I firmly believe once a person shoots this style of sight there's no going back

I have been shooting a HHA for about 6 or 7 years and over the last couple I have been really thinking about switching back to a multi pin. Had myself convinced I was gonna after I let down twice and moved the pin on a stud buck on one of my last sits. I don't know maybe I am too anal on moving it to the exact yardage or close to it. Too much 3d shooting in my or something. This situation and a couple other I have had over the years have me wanting to switch back.

This deer was in the brush starting at 20 yds gonna work out into the open at 35 on a trail I had ranged already. I let down moved the pin from 25 to 35. he never gave me a shot turned and walked straight away down a roadway. I let down and waited for him to stop and turn which he did at 55 yds. I moved the pin and drew back again. Didn't take the shot anyway cause when I settled in on him I just didn't feel comfortable and did not want to wound him.

Maybe with the pin at 25 I would of been ok compensating the distance. I just have a hard time doing that.

On a different note. I highly recommend the HHA. Great sight and a great company to work with in my experience.

I spend a lot of time practicing with my pin set on 25. shoot a bunch of different ranges and angles with your pin set on one range. Practice how you play. not every deer is going to walk by at 25 or give you any time at all to move your pin. If multiple pins solve the problem for you then by all means, go back. hha actually has a 3 pin head out now that I'm sure will swap out with your single pin housing

I set mine at 25 and I'm basically good out to 35 without any need to adjust point of aim or my sight. Like mentioned, most of our bows today are fast enough to allow that. For the type of bow hunting done here, single pin sights are the way to go.

Just curious what kind of set ups you guys are using? Wt of arrow and approx. speed. I am at about 425 gr. shooting mid 280's and I had about 6-8 inches of drop with the pin set on 25 shooting at 35. Shot quit of few arrows last night playing around at different ranges. Something I have done little of I will admit it is just hard for me to get used to that. I am a pin mover I guess. My mind still isn't made up cause I love the simplicity of a single pin.

I just started shooting a Trophy Ridge Pursuit single pin adjustable sight and its and amazingly bright sight i have my sight set from 10- 60 yards, I would definetly recommend the pursuit

Top Bottom