Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

slob hunters

T

timberghost_731

How can some shotgun hunters shoot nice bucks out the window of the truck after chasing the deer for miles on end, and be proud of it, or think of getting it mounted? I know that not all shotgun hunters are like this but it gives all hunters a black eye.

I was told one time that some of the pickup running slug hunters should put velcro on their front bumpers to help them get their deer. Al

dont let me see them doing it i have the warden that covers Greene county on speed dial on my cell and he likes giving tickets just was to slow on the morons chasing and shooting off hwy 30 sunday morning

Shooting from Hwy 30 as much traffic as it carries? Either takes big nads or really small brains. I suspect it was the latter.

Road hunters are the worst of the worst. A couple of years ago I was in a guys shop getting a new cell phone. He had a few pictures of a 180+" 10-point on his wall. I asked him about it and he told me that his brother shot it out the window of his truck the last evening of gun season. I found the story a little hard to believe. A few minutes later his brother came in the shop and told me the same story in greater detail. I just couldn`t understand how anyone could be so proud of poaching a magnificent animal like that. Unfortunately that is how many, many deer in this area meet their demise. It`s one of the main reasons I don`t get a gun tag anymore. You can`t find a spot secluded enough to get away from the road hunters and the guys pushing deer on quad runners.

Cripes!! Can you all remember that this problem cuts both ways. I've heard and seen crossbow and bow hunters doing the same dirty deeds. Either way it's a crime. I just don't like the tone of shotgun slug hunters are the problem and bow hunters are not. We are all in this together and sharing in a tradition that our ancestors did hundreds of years ago. Remember, unethcial idiots might choose a shotgun only because it's easier to shoot and can be deadly from farther away.
Happy hunting / Bob

I don't know of many guys that can shoot a bow out the window of a moving truck, let alone one that is standing still. I can honestly say that I've never seen anybody hunt deer with a bow from a moving vehicle, but whatever. I have nothing against shotgun hunters. I think shotgun hunting would be a great time. I look forward to trying it sometime. I do, however, have a problem with guys that hunt out of the truck window, that's all.

Top Bottom