Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

slug barrels

teeroy

Life Member
i have a mossberg 500 12 guage rifled slug barrel, would like to trade it for a smooth bore slug barrel

benelli M1 slug rifled barrel. 12 guage. you would most likely need to buy a new forend for your gun from benelli. i called scheels, they quoted me $525 for a new M1 slug barrel. would sell for $325, plus shipping, if needed. or may consider trade for 870 slug gun. also have a saddle scope mount for a benelli M1 $25.

can meet in west des moines

tee_roy19@hotmail.com

By the time you shoot 10-15 times at a few deer you might hit you could shoot once at one deer and hit it.

By the time you shoot 10-15 times at a few deer you might hit you could shoot once at one deer and hit it with a rifled barrel. I once had a box of five shells for three years. I killed three nice bucks one shot one kill so those three years were pretty cheap.

That aint no chit...
Can't you shoot the cheaper riffled slugs through the rifled barrel?

I have a MB 9200 Auto with a rifled slug barrel, when I bought this gun 12 years ago I called and ask the manufacturer if I could shoot non-sabot cheap slugs out of this barrel without problems.

He said there should be no problem what so ever, I don't shotgun hunt much anymore but using the cheap slugs it is dead on.

I always clean my guns very well, I have tried sabots in this gun but am just as good with the cheap amo.

I also shoot the cheap ones thru my sons MB 500 20ga with a rifled barrel and he has no problem hitting the target.

Bowdude

BOWDUDE said:
I have a MB 9200 Auto with a rifled slug barrel, when I bought this gun 12 years ago I called and ask the manufacturer if I could shoot non-sabot cheap slugs out of this barrel without problems.

He said there should be no problem what so ever, I don't shotgun hunt much anymore but using the cheap slugs it is dead on.

I always clean my guns very well, I have tried sabots in this gun but am just as good with the cheap amo.

I also shoot the cheap ones thru my sons MB 500 20ga with a rifled barrel and he has no problem hitting the target.

Bowdude

Really I had problems with the rifling getting dirty and erratic flight after a few shots.

Really I had problems with the rifling getting dirty and erratic flight after a few shots.

I always use a good brush and solvent when I clean, my 14yr old shot 20 straight before your season they all flew fine.

He took one shot during the season and took a nice doe.
Bowdude

Bowdude

After I posted my question, I called my buddy and the 20ga ahotgun my son used this fall for youth season has a rifled barrel and we used rifled slugs. Gun shot great. We put a red dot scope on it and sighted it in out to 75 yards and it shot spot on. My son target shot with it after that out to 50 yards and again it was spot on.

Top Bottom