Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Smart Phone! Who has one?

droid

Droid.....question I have, is it legal in Iowa to text your hunting partner or son/daughter and say for example a deer is coming down the draw. In MN, I believe it is illegal to do that. I've never hunted deer in Iowa, and never checked the rule book on this

IPhone. use it all the time. i decide where Im sitting by checking the hourly wind forecast on the weather.com site. Also text a lot in the fall. Have a ton of buddies who hunt and we all text what we are seeing for movement, taking pics and sending to each other of bucks we are passing etc... Also use the games and my email to kill time as well while in the tree. Even downloaded the Primos app of game calls, useless, but fun to play with...I'd be lost in the tree without it.

Old nerd samsung flip phone. You know...the kind with BIG keys for my 40 something eyes :eek: Can go days on end without seeing it and never know the difference :D

NWBuck

Droid.....question I have, is it legal in Iowa to text your hunting partner or son/daughter and say for example a deer is coming down the draw. In MN, I believe it is illegal to do that. I've never hunted deer in Iowa, and never checked the rule book on this

It's Illegal

“Two-way radio transmitter” means a radio
capable of transmitting and receiving voice messages,
including, but not limited to, a citizen band
radio or a cellular telephone. Two-way radio transmitters
would also include walkie-talkies or hand
held radios.

Use of CB or Mobile Transmitter
You cannot use a two-way mobile radio transmitter
to communicate the location or direction of
game or furbearing animals, or to coordinate the
movement of other hunters. (See the definitions of
one-and two-way mobile radio transmitters on p. 12
for more information.)
Exceptions: Coyote hunters may use two-way
transmitters, except during the two regular gun
(shotgun) deer seasons. A falconer may use a oneway
mobile transmitter to recover a free-flying bird
of prey that is properly banded and covered on a
falconry permit. Hunters with dogs may use a oneway
mobile transmitter to track or aid in the recovery
of the dog.

It's Illegal

Use of CB or Mobile Transmitter
You cannot use a two-way mobile radio transmitter
to communicate the location or direction of
game or furbearing animals, or to coordinate the
movement of other hunters. (See the definitions of
one-and two-way mobile radio transmitters on p. 12
for more information.)

Thanks...I am assuming by the phrase above, that I can still text my sons and say I am heading back to the truck or back to camp to eat lunch.

Anyway, didn't mean to hijake the thread, but I was just curious.

BB Bold currently but thinking of ungrading to the Samsung Exec. I would like a Range finder app. I read on my phone this season alot. Great way to pass the time. Let me know when the range finder app is ready.

Merry Chistmas and may God bless all of you.

I've got a 1/2smart phone.
I've got a LG Chocolate Touch. I dont mind it but there is definatly better phones out there. Although I did get a HUGE kick outta listening to the Vikings while in the firearms stand on my phone becuase it has an FM radio built in. Other than that, i hit up facebook, play poker, weather site...Thats about it.

Just got a droid x. Using it to post now. Looking forward to using it for all the applications mentioned above.

They told me my Chocolate Touch was heat senstive aswell, but I break off a twig and use it as a pointer tool like the old palm pilots when I wear gloves. Works great.

I have a Droid mainly for business purposes. Have to say I really like it. However, the last place my phone goes is to a stand with me. I hunt to get away from the world, not to bring it with me. Besides that, I like to pay attention to my surroundings when I hunt.

Droid x here. Awesome phone. Fast internet, swype texting, tons of free apps, easy internet surfing...1st phone that has ever impressed me. If it wasn't for running a business, I wouldn't even need my laptop computer. Heck, this thing even eliminated the need to carry my Bible to church, as I have a free Bible download app in it too!

Top Bottom