Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Snow Geese

SB3

MO Conservation order starts today, E-Caller, extended mags, 3.5" BB the real fun starts now. We'll be near Swan Lake tomorrow thru Sat. This warm weather has 'em on the move north, seems like it's going to be a quick migration if we don't get colder temps quick.

Anybody else have plans to hunt?

3.5” BB isn’t the way to go, save your money and shoulder and drop to 3” 3s or even 4s… 6 shot also wallops snows.

I’m hoping to get out for a few hunts this year, baby due on the 12th might hinder it a little bit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ive killed 1000's of snows, been there done that. You might be using those rounds to jump shoot but there little chance you're killing mature birds at 65+ yards like we do regularly. Case in point, last wed in the heavy wind I was resetting decoys when some dumped in near me. My buddy unloaded his 3" #2's and I heard them hitting the geese but none dropped. I'm not spending time, effort & cash to go cheap on shells.
3.5” BB isn’t the way to go, save your money and shoulder and drop to 3” 3s or even 4s… 6 shot also wallops snows.

I’m hoping to get out for a few hunts this year, baby due on the 12th might hind

Ive killed 1000's of snows, been there done that. You might be using those rounds to jump shoot but there little chance you're killing mature birds at 65+ yards like we do regularly. Case in point, last wed in the heavy wind I was resetting decoys when some dumped in near me. My buddy unloaded his 3" #2's and I heard them hitting the geese but none dropped. I'm not spending time, effort & cash to go cheap on shells.

I’ve also killed loads of snows… if you aren’t decoying them under 40 yards you aren’t doing it right. And yes I’m talking about adult birds too. Rarely do we even try them at 40 because they’ll dump in if your set up is right. I don’t jump shoot them.

I’ve also killed loads of snows… if you aren’t decoying them under 40 yards you aren’t doing it right. And yes I’m talking about adult birds too. Rarely do we even try them at 40 because they’ll dump in if your set up is right. I don’t jump shoot them.

MO Conservation order starts today, E-Caller, extended mags, 3.5" BB the real fun starts now. We'll be near Swan Lake tomorrow thru Sat. This warm weather has 'em on the move north, seems like it's going to be a quick migration if we don't get colder temps qui
Anybody else have plans to hunt?.

I’m with you on the 3.5 BB. I’d shoot 4” if they made em. If they’re close, they’re done, if they hang up, you’ve got a chance.

Been a strange strange February. Never seen temps like this, this early. No snow line, no frost in the ground, open water in South Dakota. Going to happen quick if we don’t get some temps/weather to slow em down.

I’m with you on the 3.5 BB. I’d shoot 4” if they made em. If they’re close, they’re done, if they hang up, you’ve got a chance.

Been a strange strange February. Never seen temps like this, this early. No snow line, no frost in the ground, open water in South Dakota. Going to happen quick if we don’t get some temps/weather to slow em down.

Crazy report of snows back in Sask already and reports a lot never left. Definitely a strange year with no snow cover slowing them.

Birds are moving QUICK with this weather across western IA/Missouri River valley. I had to drive to central NE for work last weekend and the Platte valley is stacking up too.

Crazy report of snows back in Sask already and reports a lot never left. Definitely a strange year with no snow cover slowing them.
Sure need a reduction in numbers. The Tundra will be completely barren if they have another successful nesting season. Maybe they'll have mass starvation, that would correct the population explosion that's been happening for the past fifteen years or so.

This is the dumbest thing I've read on this site ever, to tell someone they're not doing it right. I guess we didn't do it right this past weekend either. SMH

This is the dumbest thing I've read on this site ever, to tell someone they're not doing it right. I guess we didn't do it right this past weekend either. SMH

Are you talking about jumping birds or taking shots past 40+ over decoys? I'm all for a good jump, especially on a feed. But I mean...sky busting is sky busting whether it's ducks in November or snows in March. I would say that is "not doing it right" too.

Why start a dick measuring contest? I think Curtis’s point was if you shoot them close you can get away with smaller loads. I personally think that shooting 3.5” whatevers at geese that are out of range, is an expensive, pointless, endeavor.

Top Bottom