Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Some guys have all the luck.

asusong

This story is one of a guy who has all the luck. My dad. Let me setup this story. Last year with the help of a friend, Andy (AA), I talked my dad into buying a muzzleloader and taking up the fine sport of deer hunting. Last year on his first deer hunt he had to go to the bathroom so bad and he didn't know what to do so he urinates out of his treestand. Minutes later he shoots a nice doe.
This year he decides that he is going to give it another shot and really work on trying to shoot a buck. My dad and I leased about 40 acres to hunt in NE Iowa this year and I have spend a lot of time hanging stands, scouting and checking trail cameras.
So yesterday morning my dad calls me and says, "I think I am going to go out and hunt."

I said, "Dad you haven't even been out to the land yet and have you even shot your gun this year?"

He replied, "Ohh I know its on, can you show me how to get to the ladder stand that you setup for me? Ohh and do you have some of that spray stuff that I can use?"

So yesterday I printed off some aerial photos and show him how to get in. About 6:00 last night (remember this is his second hunt of his life) he shoots this nice deer. I have a few trail camera pictures of and saw from the bow stand just the night before.

DaveMuzzle07.jpg

Tell your Dad conrats on the nice buck!!

I know were your coming from, my Dad seems to be lucky like that as well.

In fact he shot his biggest buck on the last day of rifle season while he was buring garbage in the farmyard.

Heck, he wasn't even hunting and he hears some shooting from the neighbors place and sees this big buck coming across the field, so he grabs his rifle and runs and leans against the barn and makes a 50 yard running shot on it. So he has a 150 class buck on the ground burning garbage, and I ate my tag that year. Makes a guy sick, but you have to be proud of him and laugh about it.

Make sure you rub it in that it is only his second hunt and you have to work your butt off for a deer like that. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

haha. thats great. i let er fly from the stand also. start peeing in scrapes so of the reactions are awesome.

Captain - Ohh yeah that is another great part of the story! When I got there to help drag it out I asked him if that was what he was wearing. He said, "No I had camo on but I had grabbed the wrong bag on the way out the door." So he wore his duck hunting camo!

TT.. Next year we will let him scout, gut, drag, skin, and process his own deer! Then we will see if he feels lucky!! /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif Congrats to your Dave on shooting a nice buck!

Congrats to your dad! Sounds a lot like me and my dad. I do all the work on our farm, and he gets all the luck...lol...Wouldn't trade anything for the time we have had, and will have, deer hunting together.

hoofline.gif

Nice one, Congrats to Dad! /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

<span style="color: #3366FF">Would you like to become a PMA or Life Member? &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; </span>Details Here!<span style="color: #3366FF">&lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;</span>

hoofline.gif

Top Bottom