some lucks better then none

yesterday morning started off looking good i had a 10 pointer with a two doe harem at about 100 yards and he kept trying to push em my way but the does were b eing uncooperative for about an hour then a spot of luck he got between the two and one doe came my way and he and the other headed northeast on a small hillside. the doe heading my way slipped into a draw about 40 yards north of me and I waited about 15 minutes or so I saw the other doe nose around an evergreen on the northeast side of a open cornfield and with luck it was the one that the buck had chased off i called out with a bleat and she looked and headed my way with the ten pointer in tow. At about 40 yards the doe seemed to get wind of something and fluttered her tail a bit and the first doe had come around the creek bed to my left i had to make the choice 1) wait for the buck and doe up top and hope they kept coming in or 2) turn and take the first doe.
As i tried to hurriedly make up my mind I recieved some help with my quandry a coyote had worked his was in from the east and spooked the buck and doe they ran completely out of my area to the north and across a highway I turned to find that the doe in the creek bottom had done the same so I watched the coyote come in and get within 10 yards of me and decided it was time to ruin his day as well and let him have it he ran 30 yards down through the creek bottom and up the other side and bailed off the top of a draw on the other side I waited a half hour and bloodtrailed him to the top of the draw to find he had tuck and rolled and was dead there:way: hopefully no more coyotes will ruin my hunts this year
forum

Last edited:
Back