Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Sons second bow buck

<a href=
Well, its sure a fantastic year for us. On Oct 4th I arrowed a nice 8 pointer while in the stand for a whole hour putting the pressure on my son Cody to not be out done by the old man. He had been hunting every chance he could get and seeing deer every day. Last Friday school was out and he declared it a hunting holiday. A friend of his had permission on some river bottom ground along the English river and had placed several stands along likely spots. Cody was asked to join him and he gladly took him up on his offer as the wind was out of the South and not good for his normal stands. While the two were walking out, his friend made the comment that Cody could hunt where he would see a few deer but where the friend was going, he would see a bunch of deer. Cody made his way to where he was told the stand was placed. He found the stand and tied off his bow and began to climb. Half way up the tree he turned and saw a monster stand up from his bed 35yrds away. Cody froze while the buck slowly made his way over to him. It got within 15yrds before picking up his scent and leaving the area.
Figuring the area was a bust, he continued his climb and retrieved his bow and sat down for he thought would be a long wait. 15-20 minute had gone by when he decided to grunt. This was a good move since within 5min, here come a nice 8 point with his ears back and head swaying side to side. Cody came to full draw and stoped the buck in his shooting lane and let her go. The shot was perfect and he watched the buck bed down 75yrds away. After a excited call to his dad to let him know he had just been outdone, he continued to sit and proceeded to shoot a big doe and watched her expire right in front of his stand. That warranted another excited call to dad to let him know he will be busy tonight.
Congrats Cody and Dad is proud of you but I did shoot a doe last night so you are no longer one up on me:)
November09deer007.jpg
[/IMG]

Cant seem to get pic up. can I send it to someone to post?

<a href=

Last edited:
Top Bottom