Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Southern Iowa pasture ground prices

streitl

What have you guys been seeing for pasture land prices in southern IA? I am looking at a piece with about 25% open ground with some decent grass hay and the rest in timber. Pond on the property. Good fences. Do you think somewhere in the $1800 to $2000 per acre range?

What have you guys been seeing for pasture land prices in southern IA? I am looking at a piece with about 25% open ground with some decent grass hay and the rest in timber. Pond on the property. Good fences. Do you think somewhere in the $1800 to $2000 per acre range?

These things change quickly...but about 4-6 months ago there were a couple of NICE farms that sold in NE Davis County for around $1800'ish per acre. Although I haven't heard anything solid just recently, I suspect the prices might be inching up some.

I spoke to a guy from Whitetail Properties in November 2011. Prices in Wayne, Appanoose, Davis, etc for a nice piece of rec ground was right at 2k if the owner wanted to sell quickly. Some of course list higher but selling at 2.

i don't sell land nor do i promote for anyone but check out the 80 acres near numa, iowa listed with peoples company...maybe 1600-1700 might get them thinking, mature oak, some hay ground, pond, and a little crp. looks like a decent hunting farm.

It all depends on the location and situation...certainly looking at 2000plus if its anything decent...and if its in a well known or managed area possibly over 3000.

$2800 to $3000 per ac pasture its just nuts . Its so dry out maybe this will bust the land prices.

Is it dry in your area or widespread? My farm is south of Des moines near indianola

I haven't really watched the weather...we have had good rains here in MN

We have had .30 in of rain all of may none in june. Soybeans are laying in dry dirt my food plots havent come up yet. Early corn looks good but its realy hurting. This is june wonder how bad july aug will get. This should set back cash rent and land prices.

Is it dry in your area or widespread? My farm is south of Des moines near indianola

Dry, dry, dry, dry........

It is starting to get to the point of federal crop is the only income some of the farmers in the area are going to have. I have looked at 2 soybean fields in the last week that have been planted for 3 weeks with no activity yet. Going to be a rough year if we don't get a couple rains here and there.

Hardwood11 said:

We just moved to Indianola. Bought some property sw of town. Where's your farm?

Top Bottom