Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Southern Iowa Rifle Season

If a buck is injured early in the season they can shed early due to stress from the injury. I have a friend that shot a buck with both sides broke off during the thanksgiving season a couple years ago. He called it in as a shed buck because he was afraid the DNR would come question him if he reported an antlered deer on a doe tag.

The antlerless tags are going fast this year. There has to be tags available on Dec 15 to be able to get the late season tags. Although land owners are able to buy one regardless. If the DNR is able to reduce the antlerless tags next year the late season the late season won't be available in very many counties.
If your county is about sold out you can help by buying some antlerless tags now and shoot a doe or two.

lets just get some rich anti-hunter to buy up the rest of the doe tags in every county... problem solved :drink2:

I'd like to hunt the rifle season before it goes away completely (which I suspect it will in the next year or two). I know what people say about shooting the shed bucks, so you just have to do your best to identify the deer as a doe before you shoot.

I must have looked at last years link this morning as there are still plenty of tags in most of the southern counties.

Top Bottom