Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Southern Iowa Weather Nov 5-8

Robinhood

Heart Striker
I seem to get dogged by the warm Nov swing every time. I'm planning on sitting hard this weekend through Tuesday and I see warm and windy Sat & Sun and even Monday is now high 50's. Tues looks like cooler with rain so that'll be my high hope day.

Anyone else concerned with this or hit it hard anyway? I thought I saw 62 for Saturday with lots o wind :rolleyes:

Last edited:
I hope so. I'm hoping someone can tell me a good rut story involving warmer windy weather cause I'm feeling negativity creeping in. Partly because my 10 year old will be out with me for the first time and I have high hopes he sees good movement...

Temps in the 50's is seasonal and normal. If the forcast called for temps in the 70's like it was this time last year, then I would be concerned.

If a doe's in heat she's in heat. She has no control over it no matter if it's 20 or 60 out. Get in your tree and have a positive mind. It only takes a second for him to show up and it's usually when you don't expect it............

based on what i saw last night and then driving back this morning you need to be in a tree this weekend now matter what the wind is doing they are talking55-60 sat for temp and that really shouldnt be bad since it really starts to cool off quick once the sun starts dropping

A buddy of mine shot a massive 10 two years ago on Nov. 8 in the afternoon when the temp was over 70. I seem to remember it was closer to 80! That buck was at least 5 years old, likely 6 or 7, and up on his feet cruising.

I shot a 180" in 2009 at 4:00 pm on a 70 degree day!:way: I almost skipped due to the temps, sure glad I was in a tree.

I quit taking the first week of Nov. off because the last few years I can ride my Harley!! :D It has been 70-80's!!!!! :confused: Now... you can kill a deer in August!! But I'm guessing if you take a poll on big deer killed when the temp is above 50.......it ain't gonna make you run right out there!!!! The main reason would be! If you make a lousy shot on a animal when it's 70 out! It will be cooked in the wrong way by the time you get to it! :thrwrck: But then again everybody's a great shot nowdays!! :moon:

Ya, I guess one never knows. Not sure why but I can sit in rain all day and be mentally fine and in the game zone. For some reason when it gets over 65 I start getting doubtful and that's a bad habit.

Top Bottom