Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Soybeans

tslc

PMA Member
Roundup ready and deer resistant soybeans? This picture was taken today. Last year on Jan 10th the only beans left in this field were under the snow and by spring they had eaten all the stalks too. Is anyone else experiencing this?

2012-02-10123402.jpg

Last edited:
A lot of natural brows for them this year with the mild temps all winter. Give it a few more days with snow and cold weather, and I bet they hit them hard.

I have 2 acres that look just like that, they are mostly eating the bfo and standing corn. Not touching my beans at all.

A buddy of mine says a farmer he knows has been planting NON roundup ready corn the past few years as he said there is starting to be a higher demand for corn that is not genetically altered. Anyway, he claims every year he rotates it, the deer are hitting these fields WAY more than his roundup ready fields. I guess he firmly believes the deer can tell the difference. Not sure if there is any truth to that or not, but I found it interesting.

Top Bottom