Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Soybeans

Oct-Lull

Has any had experience planting soybeans this late? I have a no till field that failed due to lack of rain. Was debating replanting tomorrow as we have some moisture now. Im in the NE corner but we seldom get frost until mid to late October. I know the stats and the hypothetical outcome just curious if anyone had worthwhile grain production this late.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Has any had experience planting soybeans this late? I have a no till field that failed due to lack of rain. Was debating replanting tomorrow as we have some moisture now. Im in the NE corner but we seldom get frost until mid to late October. I know the stats and the hypothetical outcome just curious if anyone had worthwhile grain production this late.

I've seen beans planted around the 4th of July make 40+ bushels before. I'd say it's worth a shot. You can always switch to cereal grains in September if it doesn't look like it's going to go.

I live in Kansas and farmers here plant soybeans in wheat stubble as the combine leaves the field. They are still cutting so I know some are still planting right now. I am sure it is an extremely short season variety.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Planted mine June 24th, didn't get a rain until July 1st. So, I'll be in the July camp this year. Will see what happens!

Years ago I had a phenomenal October hunt in the last "still green" bean field anywhere around. The farmer had replanted on July 4th that year due to heavy rains washing out his Spring planted bean seedings. Well...I hope to duplicate that this year...because I did not put any beans into the ground at my place until...July 4th.

I had planned on planting them much earlier, but then it didn't rain for 2 months'ish, so I knew better than to plant them in conditions that were that dry. We finally got some rains in late June and by July 4th I actually soil moisture present, with some rain in the forecast. So I went for it and drilled in about 1.5 acres. I am curious to see how it goes...fingers crossed.

If I can get any amount of rain on them over the next few weeks I think I will have a solid chance...we'll see.

I am of the feeling out summer type weather has been extended out. I'm inclined to plant a bit later than I would have said a few years ago. Likly splitting hairs.

Drought spring but just had a soaker on July 1 + I see more rains are coming. Planting late should be just fine this year!

Popcorn here…. I’ve had mixed results many years ago with this strategy. I’m curious how it shakes out for those that try. With this rain- bet it’s viable. Wanna hear feedback in few months!

If I did it now & I had infinite effort & time to mess with it…. I’d for sure add: 1) some pelletized lime for instant calcium if possible 2) nitrogen to start them. & 3) innoculant to help fix more N. 4) sprinkle some micro fertilizer on seed (got stuff like zinc, boron & bunch of micros to help it jump start). Splitting hairs on all of this but I think any of these would increase chances of success.

Well I went ahead and replanted. Went conventional and plan to spray them with foliar and enlist duo once they germinate. See what happens

Top Bottom