Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Split G2's

Status
  • Deleted by N/A

jjclausen

2010_1109Image0179
2010_1109Image0181
I had taken the week of the 8th - 12th off from work. Where I work we have to put vacation in at the beginning of the year, so I was praying for a week of cooler weather all year. As the week got closer the temp for southern Iowa was to hit 65 to 70 in the middle of the week. Saturday and Sunday i seen quite a bit of deer movement in the mornings, but slacked off around 10 am or so. Seen quite a few bucks those 2 days but no real shooters. Monday morning comes around and I decide to hunt a stand that I killed last years buck out of. Didn't see a lot one small 6 and a couple of doe's' so I decided to hit the horns together about 7:10 am. As soon as I hit them together this buck came charging out of the thicket to the west ready to fight. He caught me with my antlers in my hand and no way to get my bow. He stared at my direction for at least 60 seconds then decided to move to the south of me. As he passed behind a group of trees I put my antlers down and got my bow off it's holder and turned around. I had a small opening to shoot through and had to make it count. 13 yards away I grunted with my mouth and stopped him right in the opening, and let the arrow fly. He ran about 60 yards to the top of the hill and fell over. Sorry about the pictures didn't have anybody to help me take them.
moz-screenshot.png
2010_1109Image0181

Last edited:
Status
  • Deleted by N/A
Top Bottom