Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Spook Spann in trouble?

beararchery

I read that Spook Spann was being charged of illegally transporting his 230in Kansas buck he shot back in 07. I guess he didn't have a big game permit? Anyone got any other info on this?

He had posted something on this facebook a month or so ago saying that he was in the wrong and that things have been resolved since.

Hey Spook Nation - I wanted to personally let you know that today the court determined I purchased the wrong license back in 2007. Therefore, I accepted the misdemeanor attached to that.

I owned two pieces of property in Kansas, and the property I harvested the deer on was the property I was leasing and eventually purchased.

Make sure you know what license you need when hunting, and keep sending in your awesome pictures from this year's season.

-Spook

Last edited:
I thought he pretty much used a landowner tag on ground he didnt own. That is what i got out of about 15 pages on archerytalk but you never know. Im pretty sure he knew what he was doing. If he didnt ignorance is no excuse.

Agree with Liv. Had a post on bowsite as well. As a landowner, and if it was land I was going to buy or even lease, I would know the borders. Wish he had just said "Sorry, I knew what I was doing, didnt think it was a big deal but in hindsight it was wrong..."

Was one of my favorite videos as well. Realtree cant be happy ;)

Yeah, that's a pretty clear case of "Holy crap, 230 class whitetail" and he left his brain in his truck. Big deer cause this in a-lot of hunters every year. That's why I avoid shooting any thing monster, nothing good comes from them! he he he....

The these song to his show is some good stuff. I actually watched it last night for the first time.
I wonder who wrote the lyrics?

I know a guy that did this here in Iowa. Landowner, shot across the fence into another guys field, used his landowner tag and got a slap on the wrist. Took a cop he knew with him to court who just happened to know the judge real well. Judge threw it out. BS in my book.

If he was renting or leasing the land he should be able to use his landowner anyways. I am pretty sure thats what the Law reads in Iowa anyways. Dont know why people care so much anyways seems like someone gets a big buck and you get a million jealous people looking for a way that he may have poached it.

If he was renting or leasing the land he should be able to use his landowner anyways. I am pretty sure thats what the Law reads in Iowa anyways. Dont know why people care so much anyways seems like someone gets a big buck and you get a million jealous people looking for a way that he may have poached it.

He had a land owners for a different peice of ground he shot the deer on, no jealousy just stupidity.

Read it in last Sundays paper. He had a land owners tag and shot it on land he did
not own. Lost his hunting rights in Kansas for one year $10,000.00 fine
and $10,000.00 to the state of Kansas. It didn't say anything about the
deer.

No matter what "Pro" hunter it is if they break the rules they play dumb about it. They kno whats right and whats wrong, if not they dhouldnt be in the woods. I like his show but im sure they do more wrong then people know. Just like Jeff foiles a couple years ago. I kno he's not known for deer huntin but he's a "pro" hunter. Jus my opinion

I called him out on his Facebook page and man did I get it from his fans, hate mail and death threats......

Read it in last Sundays paper. He had a land owners tag and shot it on land he did
not own. Lost his hunting rights in Kansas for one year $10,000.00 fine
and $10,000.00 to the state of Kansas. It didn't say anything about the
deer.

What is the likleyhood of him actually payin those fines (not directed towards you). if kansas is like iowa i dont see him payin 20k in fines, but I Could be wrong and I hope im wrong. If anything i see him payin a little fine and losin hit huntin rights in kansas.

beararchery said:
What is the likleyhood of him actually payin those fines (not directed towards you). if kansas is like iowa i dont see him payin 20k in fines, but I Could be wrong and I hope im wrong. If anything i see him payin a little fine and losin hit huntin rights in kansas.

Well if its in the paper and those are actually the fines that were wrote he will have to pay it all. Usually when they put it in the paper the defendant has already plead guilty unless otherwise noted. If its already through the court system and he plead guilty or was found guilty he will have to pay every fine he was guilty of.

The deer was seized from his home several years ago in Tennessee. Kansas also has the same agreement with 17 states as Iowa does. If you lose your privileges in one state, you lose them in all 17 for the same period. I am surprised they have not seized the replicas as well. He may be done in with Kansas Wildlife and Parks but he was charged I believe, under the Lacey act which is Federal for Transporting illegally across state lines. Is there a bigger case pending in Federal court?

Elvis

Top Bottom