Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Spot Hogg Pin Size

smokepole

I am going to order a Spot Hogg Real Deal Wrapped for my new DXT. What is everyone using for pin size? .019 or .029?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Full Quiver</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Wish I had .019 on the bottom two. </div></div>

I bought my sight off Shredder and he busted out the .029 fibers on the bottom pins and replaced it with the .019. It's a little loose but a dab of glue fixed that. Works AWESOME. Tell me a couple colors you'd want and I'll give some to Blaster to bring back in trade for those books.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: muddy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It's not wrapped, just normal pins with custom fiber optic pins. </div></div>

Kinda like this?
spott_hogg_modification.JPG

This is the only pic I could find of how I had mine set up before I put the wrap on.

I had never even thought about smaller pin size for farther away targets. What a great idea.

You guys are some fart smuckers.

Yet another example of things I have learned from this site.

The 'Bonker

Full Quiver, yes, exactly like that. I am considering a wrap for it though. I broke a fiber last fall and it was a mother to fix it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: muddy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I broke a fiber last fall and it was a mother to fix it. </div></div>

That why I went to the wrap. Just wish you could mix pin sizes with it, though.

Spott Hogg will customize their sights for a small fee ($10 - $15). You can get 3 29's and 2 19's or any combination. I am either going with all 19's or 2 29's and the rest 19's.

I just ordered the Spot Hogg Hogg It Sight from CIA.I ordered 7 pins wrapped with knob. With the top 4 being .019 and the bottom 3 being .010 I hope i like it!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I just ordered the Spot Hogg Hogg It Sight from CIA.I ordered 7 pins wrapped with knob. With the top 4 being .019 and the bottom 3 being .010 I hope i like it! </div></div>

I have the five pin Hogg It with .019 wrapped and love it. You wont be disappointed! /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif

Just some info for you guys possible looking for a Spot-Hogg sight. I ordered a new one a few weeks ago from a gentlemen off of Archery Talk. 208.00 shipped....that's the 5 pin Hogg-It with wrap.......Cheapest I could find anywhere by about 30 or 40 bucks. Username "Sean" off of ArcheryTalk......he can hook you up with whatever you need.

Yeah i was going to order it from him but Brady was just a lil more so i figured id just buy it from Brady down at CIA.

I feel that 0.029 pins cover to much of the deer past 30 yards. Like a lot of you, I shoot a lot of long distance in preperation for the fall so I use 4 pins @ 0.019 and really like the set up.

Going to update to all 5 0.01" wrapped sometime this spring or summer. Had all 5 0.019" and they worked but seen a buddy's 0.01" pins and loved them!

Top Bottom