Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Spraying clover

stickbow

stickbow
I am spraying clover with select for grass 8oz/ac and pursuit for broadleaf4oz/ac. with crop oil 1qt/ac. i was told by chemical company they could be tank mixed thus get the job done with one spraying. they are the same chemicals as imperial whitetails arrest and slay and they say to not tank mix and spray 2 weeks apart. anyone have any real experience with this? also have noticed hitting the edges of clover with roundup doesn't seem to kill the clover just ding it back a bit. anyone have any experience spraying whole clover plots with roundup? thanks

I've never done it but Ed Spinazolla says you can spray mature clover with 1/2 strength roundup.

http://www.deerattraction.com/Article-4.htm

A lot of people have been doing the light Roundup spray on the plot, and it has stressed the clover for a week or two, but came back just fine. Bill Winke mentions doing this or has neighbors in the area who do the same thing. I have "weaker" glyo that is only 41% that I might try next year on my clover next spring.

A lot of people have been doing the light Roundup spray on the plot, and it has stressed the clover for a week or two, but came back just fine. Bill Winke mentions doing this or has neighbors in the area who do the same thing. I have "weaker" glyo that is only 41% that I might try next year on my clover next spring.

41% is standard. What makes it weak or strong is how much of it u mix Per acre. Like .5 qts to acre of that for example.

I know it isn't clover, but RR alfalfa is now on the market again, and man has that made our plot lush, beautiful and easy to maintain. Deer love it too :way:

NWBuck

Roundup

Any idea how many ounces per gallon to put "light" roundup on clover? I typically spray 2 1/2-3 ounces per gallon of water when I spray my corn and beans. 1/2 ounce? per gallon?

from what i've found out 1/2 pint /acre of round up(41%). I haven't used it yet will wait til late summer before some rains as i over seeded my plots this spring due the dryness last year and deer damage last winter and the young clover may not handle it.

from what i've found out 1/2 pint /acre of round up(41%). I haven't used it yet will wait til late summer before some rains as i over seeded my plots this spring due the dryness last year and deer damage last winter and the young clover may not handle it.

I am going to re-seed some plots as well, before the next rain (don't see it in the forecast this week!). My plots look sparse in some areas as well.

ed spinn says in a 4 gallon BP sprayer he uses a cup or 8oz of round up. IN his case he is saying 2oz per gallon is "light". I know when I need a good burn I will use 3-4oz per gallon and it kills everything. I personally would probably go a little ligher than that and put 1.25-1.5 oz per gallon just to be on the safe side. Instead of 8oz I would go with 5-6 oz total.

Top Bottom