Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Spring Grass seeding

TTisue

PMA Member
Looking at doing a spring CP-38 CRP planting.Failed seeding years ago but got some cost share to replant. I did not get it killed last fall so it looks like it is. Plan on burning this spring for mid contract management and wanted to roundup what grows up after and then plant. Question is for you experts is do you think I’ll be fighting those fall grasses like brome which is heavy there right now? What options do I have for getting the best spring planting at this point or just wait till fall? Wish I had more pics but snow is on the ground currently to take some more. Thanks all

Attachments

• 7DAF2F62-D2F5-4A36-9A36-2F942B6F0FFF.jpeg
    7DAF2F62-D2F5-4A36-9A36-2F942B6F0FFF.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 120
My experience one spring application of gly wont be enough on those cool season grasses. Usually the deadline is mid July so you could try and keep an eye on it and make the call closer to then. Fall application of gly to kill brome is hard to beat. Could also do a gly/24d combo if you want it really killed off. Marestail is one problem broadleaf that can be hit hard when its young and in the rosette stage in the spring.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

My experience one spring application of gly wont be enough on those cool season grasses. Usually the deadline is mid July so you could try and keep an eye on it and make the call closer to then. Fall application of gly to kill brome is hard to beat. Could also do a gly/24d combo if you want it really killed off. Marestail is one problem broadleaf that can be hit hard when its young and in the rosette stage in the spring.

What time of year are you thinking the glyc/24d combo?

I would spray as soon as there is good growth. Say 4"or so. Might as well let most plants germinate. Smaller broadleaves are killed more effectively. Then see what comes back in case you could hit it again. May only need gly the second time depending on timing.

Top Bottom