Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Stand Problems

So my ladder stand that's in my honey hole for the rut broke on me today. Already been down there more then I like to be disturbing things. Do I let it sit empty this year and try again next season or should I go back out tomorrow morning and Hang another one? Don't plan on hunting there for another 3 weeks minimum.

If its a honey hole,replace it! Is it in a bed area or something? That you don't want to disturb it? At least in my area, deer are not particularly on edge . I don't get real serious about not wanting to disturb things for a couple weeks yet. Bucks don't even seem to rub or scrape around me until the last week of Oct! Probably just my area though?

I have an 80 acre farm. That's all I hunt other then public. I have 40 that I hunt and the other 40
I don't step foot in after mushroom season. My farm is much like the area you're talking about. Very few if any mature buck photos until about November. But I tell myself every year the does are there so that means the Bucks will be there soon enough. I think I'll go out tomorrow morning and hang up my hang on and new sticks my wife bought me after my stand broke. : )

Same tree, my guess.... You know exactly where it is, your lanes are obviously done, good spot SO.... Just show up there with some hanging materials & stuff to get a new set up in.... In and out with minimal disturbance and you're done. No scouting, nothing, you're just swapping a set out. I think no big deal. do it when wind is right. Rain be good if not dangerous for slippery aspects. Yep, get it done.

Thanks for the info guys. I'll be going in first thing in the morning. Probably won't drive the side by side right up to the tree this time. Only thing
I'm worried about is getting a hang on in the tree. It was easy with a ladder stand. I'll find out soon enough.

Same tree, my guess.... You know exactly where it is, your lanes are obviously done, good spot SO.... Just show up there with some hanging materials & stuff to get a new set up in.... In and out with minimal disturbance and you're done. No scouting, nothing, you're just swapping a set out. I think no big deal. do it when wind is right. Rain be good if not dangerous for slippery aspects. Yep, get it done.
Those were my thoughts as well.

Wouldnt over think it. Drive right in, hang, and get out. Guys drive themselves nuts trying no to screw things up.

Probably too late as the work is probably already done, but I would have suggested to go ahead, with the addition of having your bow and license/tag in hand and ready.

Got a new stand hung this morning. Epic fail on stealthiness. Tree was too crooked for a hang on. Walked all over. Found a tree. Got it up. Then proceeded to burry the truck in a deep rut. But oh well I guess.

Top Bottom