Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Standing corn and deer sightings

V

Vet2B

I scouted this piece of public ground this summer and must have seen at least 30 does/night and 3 nice bucks. I started hunting this past week and have only seen a coyote and a 1.5 year old 6 pointer. I have only been out 3 times, but I haven't even seen any does or fawns on my way in/out. I wear a scent-lok suit, shower, ect. ect. All of the corn is still standing (what the deer didn't eat this summer). Is this my problem. Do crops have to stay in until a certain date on state land. There is about 75-80 acres of corn surrounded by wooded draws and ravines.

I think the farmer's leave the crop's in these areas until last of the harvest season but I'm not sure why,if you drive around any state property right now you would find most corn is still standing in these area's.I do believe that this affect's the hunting,it just give's the deer more area to hide out in not to mention an unlimited food supply.I have also been hunting state area's with standing corn and have not been seeing that many deer,but keep the spirit's up because it's only going to get better from here on!!

Top Bottom