Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Stands-Lone Wolf/Muddy...Lets' compare

I do a lot of hunting on state ground and pack in and out. Last year my wolf and 5 sticks were stolen out of the Jeep parked in my driveway. I did not want to cough up the 400.00 to replace it. I bought two packs of Lone Wlf sticks and after meeting the folks at muddy at a show, I ordered one of their stands.

The muddy is ok if you are going to hang it and leave it, but I am not impressed with it as a pack in or quick set up stand.

The Wolf has the easy hang hook which is a HUGE plus for quick set up.

The Wolf Sticks and stand pack together really slick. I generally pack in 5.

The Muddy seat is too big IMO.

I do really like the Muddy Harness.

On the stand and sticks, IMO their is no comparison. Lone Wolf wins hands down on overall value for what I want.

My guess is the guys complaining about the seat are still using the old close cell foam one.. Ya set on them for 15 minutes and they get harder than a board, but that's just the nature of closed cell foam.

Also I'll bet that half the guys complaining about buckle noise haven't figured out how to rig them so the buckle is on the out side of the strap and not the inside while packing.

I agree the steps working loose is a nuisance, but I can't offer a good suggestion of how to fix it so I'll just live with it.

I did file the high spots on the steps so a guy can see them better coming down in the dark.. That seems to help a lot, when going from one stick to the next on a twisted tree..

I still am betting the Muddy is built in the same off shore factory Loggy Bayou is.
But then I am pretty sure the LW casting come off of the boat too.

i hear alot of people talk about price but if you think about money spent on the rest of our gear it really is no different. double bull blind, bow, sight, arrows, packs, camo, blah blah blah. its just a piece of gear that we use and it only hurts once to go first class.

i do think people should only spend what they can afford though to stay in good standings with the wifes. i am sure both are great stands i just use the lw cause i have no need to buy a muddy since mine was bought b4 the came around.

Top Bottom