Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

StealthCam?

Crockett

PMA Member
Who owns one besides me, Jim Shockey, and that little fat bastard that looks like Lou Costello on archers.crossbow, gun Choice!!??

I think I have like 2 of the POS $40 ones that came out in wal-mart eons ago... no idea where they are, and I sure dont miss 35mm.. although, it seemed i got a lot more pics of big deer back then. I bought the first digital one they came out with after that at scheels and it lasted about a month before I took it back..

35 mm, wow, I still have boxes of doe pictures from 10-15 years ago. I dont know why. I guess because of all the time and money spent to get them it did'nt seem right to throw them away yet.The big buck would always show up for the last picture, then get scared to death by the film rewinding.Good pics back then were a real prize.

I don't have one but have been eyeing the new stealth cam archers choice. Looks like the only down fall right now is a 2 second trigger but everything else is great, battery life, pictures, size and price of around $123.

Who owns one besides me, Jim Shockey, and that little fat bastard that looks like Lou Costello on archers.crossbow, gun Choice!!??

That's F'n funny right there. Jim Shockey trusts his life on them and so can you Crocket! :grin:

One of my cams is a stealth cam....I got it about 6 years ago.

It has been reliable and the battery life is good, but the trigger speed is horrible and the pics aren't that great.

I keep it around because when I put it out I know it is going to work.......I can't say that for a lot of other cams I have owned.

I have a Stealth Cam Nomad IR it has been real great caught 500 pictures and still had a little under half the battery life left problem i have with mine is that at a certain time in the morning for 45 minutes all pictures turn real light and can hardly make out the deer but other than that i would always buy another one.

bowteck150 i have the same camera and the same problem with the pics in the morning. other then that the camera is great...

I have 1 Stealth, 3 moultrie's and 1 wildview I have never had a problem with any of them! I have also fix each camera with externial gel cell batteries cost $30 each battery but they will last forever on a charge. One battery is one its fifth year and will still hold a full charge after 3 weeks in the field in the coldest weather. My stealth just went through its first season without no problem cost was $140. Also all my cams go on a tripod when setting them up. Don't ever have to find a tree any more or put a stick under the camera to make it level. You can pick up tripods at yard sales for next to nothing or pay $70 for a camo one.

I have never had one knocked over. I do not pull the legs out all the way, try to keep them about belly high and I put a stake in the ground and run a small bungee cord to the bottom holds it real secure. Best thing you can make your camera level on any uneven surface by adjusting the legs. I will never mount to a tree again. It never seems to spook deer put it up right out in the middle of a hay field no problem. ONLY THING its a little more open to someone who might like to steal one so be carefull if you have problems with trespassers.

I have 3 stealth cams. And after 4 good seasons they are starting to shit out on me. im looking to get some more cames in the next few weeks

Top Bottom