Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Stevens Bows

7pt

Anyone shooting a Stevens bow? Looking for feed back on either the Inception or Frontline. Thanks

I have an inception on order, I've read nothing but good things, if you want, pm me and I'll give you the number of a guy to talk to about these, also I received a discount on a rest thru stevens, when I ordered the rest the rep I spoke with at QAD also had nothing but good to say about the bow, I'm hoping my bow arrives within the next 2 weeks

My brother has one and it is a very nice bow. Fit and finish are very nice. If I didn't shoot Pearson I would consider them.

I just received my stevens inception today, I put the rest and sight on and was headed to archery shop to have peep put in, decided to pull the bow back by hand, before I even made it halfway back the string came off, couldn't figure out why, talked with Steve, he said it was cause I pulled it back by hand and not with a release, I never had that happen before but just said ok, that is til this eve when I'm looking at bow closer and see bottom cam string track is bent from hitting something, sent pics to Steve of the cam, he said to send it back and I'll have to pay for repair, I DID not bend the cam, you can obviously tell it hit something( possibly the ground in shipping), I waited a month for this bow and was so anxious to get it set up I did not inspect it close enough, he doesn't even see these bows before they ship out, they come from Pennsylvania not his Iowa address but he's certain it's my fault and he's never laid eyes on it, no way I'll ever endorse a company like this

Just want to clarify a few things about the Inception sent to Nemohunter as the man has no integrity and is lying about the bow and about what happened.

#1 NemoHunters Bow was shipped with heavy bubble wrapped at each end completely surrounding the cam and in a plastic bag inside a heavy duty cardboard box. It was in perfect working condition when it was shipped to him.

#2. Nemohunter called our Pro Staff member Tim Hopkins to ask if he could install the peep without a bow press by pushing the bow down on the ground and having someone else force the peep in (shows his utter lack of knowledge on how to handle a bow) At no time during that call did he say the bow arrived damaged. Had it been damaged in shipping it would have been an insurance claim with UPS not a "warranty issue"!

#3 Nemohunter dryfired the bow after he derailed it. Every bow manufacturer states bows should not be drawn without a release as you can torque the string and derail it. Strings don't just come off the bow.

#4 I spoke to Nemohunter on the phone and he said and I quote "the bow is shooting fine I just want a new draw stop because I bent the bottom one and I want it to look nice."

#5 I asked Nemohunter to take pictures of the Cam because I wanted to make sure he didn't damage it.

#6 Nemohunter had also modified the bow and used an aftermarket cable slide designed for a solo cam bow on it. Fortunately for us he forgot to take it off when he returned the bow. The cable slide he used
had the incorrect cable depth for the cable relief rod which has caused this bow to not have the proper relief on the cables as the bow is being drawn.

The draw stop on top cam only had been removed and reinstalled on the opposite side of designated stop area which interfered which the draw cycle as the slave cable will come in contact with the draw stop causing serve damage to the bow

#8 I have attached pictures of the Cam to my gallery and you can see how he bent the Cam. If you've ever seen a Dry Fired bow you know what you're looking at.

#9 Our bows are built by hand by 2 IBO World Champions. Wes VanHorn test each bow before it leaves the shop. The bottom line is we'd never send out a bow with such severe damaged cams and Nemohunter lacks the integrity and character to admit he damaged the bow.

Top Bottom