Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Still gobbling

Old Buck

Life Member
I was down at the farm putting in food plots and doing tsi (timber stand improvement) the last couple days. While eating a quick bowl of cereal at dawn on the deck I hear a couple gobbles. I couldn't resist so headed into the woods with a box call and binoculars. Once I answered he thought he'd finally gotten lucky again and started gobbling every 15-30 seconds.

I know what you mean. I keep seeing one poor boy stutting every morning in the same place. I am wondering when he is going to finally hang it up? Ya got to like the determination though.

The water sampling runs have yielded many sights of gobblers still strutting. Yesterday after the torrential down pour I saw 3 toms strutting for 4 hens out in a field on HWY 13 just south of Marion. I have to wonder if the nests got flooded out since I didn't see any little ones and the stream in that area was about 15 foot out of it's banks. I havn't seen water like I did yesterday in my entire life, Manchester and Monticello got nailed...bad.

Top Bottom