Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Still in winter groups?

SWIABOONER

PMA Member
Yesterday i saw three nice mature toms walking together in a hay field. I was just wondering if anybody else is still seeing big groups of birds or are they starting to break-up?

I jumped a lone tom today.This is the first loner that I have seen this year,maybe they are starting to break up!

Last Sunday night I was out scouting and saw three mature toms feeding in a field at about 4:30 p.m. However, a little further down the road I spotted a lone mature tom all by himself in the middle of a pasture picking through some cow pies. It's hard to say after seeing that, but I'm sure they'll be breaking up fairly soon.

Ben

I think they've started breaking up...out scouting today, came across 3 different gobblers that were alone...2 of the three were gobbling.

TB

Was out last night looking for sheds and walked up on 7 toms together in a field. Are they breaking up or not. I have yet to see a loner. Shouldn't be long though but todays weather might put a damper on it a little longer. What does the weekend look like?

Top Bottom