Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Storing Broadheads

deerhunter93

Hey guys I have a quick question... How do you guys store your broadheads when you take them off your arrows until next season?
Thanks!

I wrap mine in paper towels and store them in Plano fishing tackle storage containers. I alway take them apart to get in all the cracks and crevices to remove any dirt, moisture, or meat before I put them away. Typically I put the parts in seperately so they don't seize up when I take them out in a couple of months. Make sure if you take them anywhere that they can't slide around in the case so you don't have a bunch of dull blades when you go to use them. That's how I do it, curious how some of the others do as well. Doesn't seem like that popular of a thread. I wonder if anyone else takes any special care at all?

I leave mine on my arrows and in the quiver. Sometimes I get rammy and put them in the arrow holder inside my case. If they're unused I dont' do anything to them, if they are used I replace the blades.

I unscrew them and lay them at the back of my shop bench. I could probably upgrade my storage method a little. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

Thanks guys. I have always wrapped them in klenexes then put them in a container. I was just interested to see if I needed to do anything different.

Make sure that if you use Kleenex tissues that they are not the scented or lotion variety as the deer will pick you out in a heartbeat. If they are unscented then great.

Mine come off the arrow and get placed into a fishing tackle box that I use for my small bits of archery stuff. I keep all kinds of things in it, but the bh's get a spot all their own.

iowaPete

All the reason to tell your wife you need more arrows :) Honey I need a place to store my broadheads, 12 arrows with field tips and 12 for broadheads is my theory.

Top Bottom