Story of a grinder

Status
  • Deleted by N/A

Shovelbuck

This saga started about 5 years ago when I purchased the #32 grinder and the motor drive kit. I mounted everything up on a 1x10 board that I felt would be handy as I could take it in the house and work off the kitchen table. Unfortunately, with that set up, I couldn't get the belt tight enough to keep it from slipping under load. The kit recommended a 1 inch pulley on the motor to keep rpm's at the right speed. The problem is, there isn't much surface area on a 1 inch pulley to grab the belt.
Fast forward a year and I felt this type of set up in the photo would allow me to get the belt tighter. My mother in law bought me the stand for Christmas and there everything sat in the shop, unassembled, as I really didn't have room for it. My daughter moved her household stuff from my shop a few weeks ago and I've since been reorganizing everything and have plenty of space now and figured it was as good a time as any to put it together.
After all the time of everything sitting around, the hardware for the stand was missing along with some of the supports, I really think it was missing when it was sold. Anyway, I got it all together over the weekend and tried it out on a few pounds of venison today. I must admit, I was hoping for something that would grind meat as fast as I could throw it in, but it's not quite that fast. The belt doesn't slip but if too much meat is loaded, it can be stalled out. Still, I ground that 3 pounds in about a minute, maybe a bit less. I'm happy with that and it will be getting a real workout soon as my son has about 70 pounds of venison to grind.
ae5159c5-4b7b-4b4b-8199-e61b5f31570d.jpg

Status
  • Deleted by N/A
Back