Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

StrutNRut Scores Big

jjohnson

It's been awhile since he's been on here but he used to frequent the sight often. Ghost I know he met you at Chase the Adventure a few years back. Tyler said you'd like this so here's the story. In early Sept. he stuck his camera in a new spot to see what was in the area. In just a few days it took several pictures mostly dinks and does but there was one dandy ten pt. He basically said he wanted to kill this buck no matter what. Well he hunted a stand in the area that he hasn't hunted in two years because he needed a south wind to do so. They've been hunting this farm hard for this buck and nobody has seen him. Well about 3:30 yesterday afternoon he heard some grunts a little ways out in the standing corn. There was a little dink milling around but then he surfaced out of the corn. Knocking two rows of corn down on his way in. He had two does with him that led him right under Tyler's stand. Grunting every step he made his way directly under Tyler's stand. He said for five minutes he looked down through his platform at the monster, knees knocking against his seat. Finally 50 grunts and a few lip curls later the buck moves on with the doe. Tyler took the shot at seven yds quartering drastically away. The buck took a few leaping strides and walked out of sight. Three hrs later we decided to go in and see what we could find. Blood was spotty for the first 75 yds then you could see several spots where he would stand there and bleed quite a bit. About a hundred yds into it we sort of lost blood. Searched for the next speck for 15-20 minutes then Tyler said there he is. Within five yds of last blood.

I want to thank Tyler for letting me tag along on the recovery. And here's a big CONGRATULATIONS on a tremendous buck. YOU DESERVE IT!!!

donalds1054.jpg

donalds1056.jpg

tylerh06buck001.jpg

tylerh06buck010.jpg

tylerh06buck011.jpg
tylerh06buck017.jpg

Gotta show off the shirt...
tylerh06buck021.jpg

Top Bottom