Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Sundays hunt

JLC

Sunday afternoon was sunny and a bit hot but the time I was ready to head to the blind the clouds
came in and cooled things off a bit.

It was a bit windy but not bad. As the sun went down the wind died down and it was quiet.
a bit later I saw movement to the west. it was a buck coming out.
I took one picture and the deer looked towards the blind,
so I put the camera down wondering if he heard the shutter. So this is the only picture I took of him.
I will set up my other camera up next time for closeups. He will be back.

100707_7712.jpg

I am pretty sure he is the same 10 that I got a picture of from the road as he was standing by the blind last week.

100307_7460.jpg

the shooting window you see looks west. I took the picture of the buck from that window.
I also have a window to the north for shooting out.

the buck came up to the blind and was around it for about a half hr. he walked within 15 yds
thru both shooting lanes. he is a perfect 10 everything matched up perfect and I would guess
around 200 dressed weight. Score wise, not good at that, the best I could say would be close
to 150" gross.

I am just looking for does and if it is a buck he needs to be bigger than him.

Jack

wegner36,
he is a nice buck but small compaired to some of the huge ones I had go past me when I hunted by Lansing.

Jack

[ QUOTE ]
wow, i can't say i would have passed him up!!! great story

[/ QUOTE ]

You got patients Jack, I probably would have flung an arrow.

[ QUOTE ]
wegner36,
he is a nice buck but small compaired to some of the huge ones I had go past me when I hunted by Lansing.

Jack

[/ QUOTE ]

in time i hope to be in that situation, but as i'm relatively new to bow hunting i would probably take a deer 140 and up. i think it is pretty neat that you see deer big enough that you pass that guy up! you and saskguy could hang out together that is for sure! good luck getting one bigger than that guy, i hope to see one in the harvest pics for sure!

[ QUOTE ]
wow, i can't say i would have passed him up!!! great story

[/ QUOTE ]

Remember "todays KEEPER is tomorrows LUNKER".
grin.gif

Top Bottom