Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Supertec's 2004 Mule Deer Hunt in S.D.

katy

Ballagh
After some coaxing from a few name-less people on here, I am going to try to post nightly with pics hopefully, my 5 day Mule Deer hunt in South Dakota. They supposedly have internet access out there so I will try my best to get it on here.
Little bit of background here: I was invited to go out there with a very good friend of mine, Mike Alexander. Mike is a super guy that would do anything for you. Mike has been out there several times in the past for Mule deer hunts and Antleope hunts. I think Mike might be more pumped up than me to go out there. (Probley not) After a lucky last weekend, I'm hoping to continue my new found success with a ethical mule deer harvest.
We'll here we go.

Wed Nov 17th 11:26 pm

Trying to get my packing done for the night, but just can't seem to get of this web site. Anyone else have this problem? The weather channell.com is predicting rain on Friday, scattered on sat, highs in the 30's I believe, and cool on sunday, with chance of snow and low temps on monday. I guess this means that I pack everything in the house. Mike and I are leaving tommorrow around 5:00 pm and driving straight through to South Dakota. Our entertainment for the trip out will be: Comedian Ron White, Lewis Black, George Carlin, and I have pilfered my daughters portable DVD player to watch on the way out. (Probley watch monster bucks 11, and some comedy's). Here is my set-up for the upcoming hunt:

2003 Hoyt Supertec
XT2000 Limbs
Spiral Cams
72 pounds
29" draw
280 FPS
98 Foot/Pounds of Kinetic Energy

Trophy Ridge Drop Zone Rest
Trophy Ridge Xtender Stabilizer
Trophy RIdge Mantis V-Drive sight

Easton 2315 xx78 Selects 440 grains (565 grain with broadhead)

Steel Force 125 grain serrated fixed blade broadhead

Carter LockJaw Release

Ghost Scent Eliminator

Double Bull IP5

Scent Lock Suit

Nikon Laser 400 Rangefinder

Pentax 8x42 Bino's

And a whole bunch of other stuff. We'll I better finish packing and catch some zzzzzz's

Yep! It took alot but we finally got us that internet thing out here!!
grin.gif

Put the smack down on one Supertec!!

Tomo

Friday Nov 19th, 12:00

We arrived at the ranch in South Dakota at 6:00 am. Holy cow, as soon as we pulled in there was a group of 100 antelopes off to our right. What a way to wake up in the morning. We drove down the driveway and ran into 3 more mule deer, one nice one. I will try to get pics up later, need to download a driver first. We probley saw 200 different mule deer this morning, and 300 antleope. I found my shooter buck, he is huge, rack is wider than his ears, tall, nice looking buck. Going to pursue him some more this afternoon. Try to post again later with pics.
Chad

Friday Nov 18th, 5:30

After Lunch today I went out and did some video taping. This place is unbelievable. It is a 30,000 acre cattle ranch, no fences, wide open, buttes everywhere, about 20 different types of terrain. Got some good pics of another possible shooter buck, he is a 5x4, very wide and tall. Going to set out my dbl bull tonight and hit it early in the morning. This place puts the milk river to shame. I have never seen so many deer, antelope in my life running wild. Did get the chance to harvest 2 jack rabbits. We ran into three coyotes stnading on a bluff today. They had all the deer and cattle on the run. The ranch owner said he saw a big tom bobcat this morning, hopefully dont get too close to him. I will try to get some pics up shortly. Tommorrow Ray is going to fly around and check his cattle, I'm going to give him my camcorder to get some really good aerials of the ranch and herds. The rut is really in full swing here right now, hopefully I will get to run into the shooters tommorrow.

Sorry for the rut-delay.
Today was the day. I will post the story when I get back into town.
I cant get the pic loaded on this slow computer, I will try to email it to onecam to get on here

Thanks MudPie! We are leaving the ranch today and heading back to the big city. I will hopefully have some pics up tommorrow at lunch. This has been one of the most awesome weeks a guy could ask for. I have lots of digital pics, and some awesome digital video to share. Along with a great story. I cant wait to get back out here next year. Stay tuned!
Thanks

We want the pictures, we want the pictures. can't wait to see one of those boys. congrats to you.

WE WANT PICS!!!WE WANT PICS!!!WE WANT PICS!!! I'm sure you can imagine a crew of IW'ers chanting this.. Hmmmm? Congrats on your harvest Chad...

Top Bottom