Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

SW Iowa 35pt Buck

joebell

I got this pic in my email this AM and had to share it. The email said it was a 35 point buck taken in SW Iowa. That is all of the info they provided, the email came from a friend of mine who has no connection to the deer. An interesting photo I thought, Comments??

uploaded35Pointer.jpg

[This message has been edited by iowawhitetail (edited 01-10-2002).]

Do you think you would ever find a shed like this??I would think it was a old root system from a tree that a dozer tore out and hadn't rotted away yet.I have never even considered this.

I agree, if you compare the racks between the two you can see the drop tine off both sides.

Just my 2 cents worth,

deerslayer

[This message has been edited by deerslayer22788 (edited 01-10-2002).]

doesn't look like the same buck.the missouri bucks drop looks like it is against his jaw and his right side looks higher than his left side.by a couple inches.either way great bucks!

Kinda looks like the same buck that was shot in Missouri and was featured on Buckmasters.

You guys could be right! We are pretty well connected in the whitetail world, and sit in SW Iowa and this is the first we have heard of this buck.

I guess that's why we put disclaimers on all of our pages.

Maybe Mr. Bell, who posted the pic, could expand on anything he might know about the buck.

The Site

I think you're right, it's the same buck. However, you'll never find a shed like that because it has never shed. Look at the bases, plus it's never lost it's velvet. That's why I say it's either a freak antlered doe or a buck with a serious testosterone shortage (casued by a castration or something), which makes them keep growing anlers with velevet and never shed the velvet or the antlers. Just speculating here, but I'll bet that's the case.

I believe I recognize this buck. If it's the same one I'm thinking of, it was shot around Tabor during the first shotgun season. I'll get in touch with the co-worker who hunted with the group I'm referring to, and let you know my findings.

Nope, different deer. The deer I was referring to had 22 points, wasn't as tall and had only one drop tine.

I would love to shed some light on this deer, however I have no info to share. This is a picture I received in my email. The only info in the email was that it had 35pts and was taken in SW Iowa. I posted the pic here to get your thoughts on the photo. I figured if it was real or really taken in Iowa someone on the board would know something about it. Seeing no results I assume it was not taken in Iowa, however I do not believe it is the Mizzu buck. It is similar however I dont think it is the same deer. Would love to have a monster like this wander under my stand next year!!
joebell

I was told by a fellow trp today that he was told by a friend of his about this buck and it was shot by a friend of his. Supposedly it scores 239 and was just recently shot during the late muzzleloader season. Will get more infor if I can to verify. It was here in Southwest Iowa.

I received this same picture in about the 2nd week of December from a guy in Arkansas. He said it was shot in Bradley County, Arkansas and that was all he knew. I did some checking on the deer and a buddy of mine said it was shot in Saline County, Missouri. If you look carefully at the license plate on the truck in the rear, it indeed has the Missouri color and style of lettering. I believe it is from Missouri.

Top Bottom