Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Swampy 2015 bow kill

Status
  • Deleted by N/A

Swampy_44

First off I'd like to thank my uncle John who introduced me to the sport of archery and bow hunting. I used to do alot of bow hunting high school. But when I went to college my focus turned to football and girls. But that all ended my Jr year after I intercepted a pass. While being tackled I broke my ankle. After a plate and 7 screws in my ankle the doctor told me I could no longer play football. After that I had happened I was lost. I had no direction in my life. That's when depression and mild forms of addiction took control. This went on for several years until I met my wife. She turned my life around and gave me direction. After getting married and buying a home, along with a baby on the way I decided to try bowhunting again. After my first sit I was hooked again. Thinking to myself "why did I ever give this up"? And that was roughly 5years ago. Since then I've bowhunter fairly seriously without much luck. That all changed November 7th. I was hunting the backside of a large chunk of public ground. I was settled and ready a half hr before shooting time. Once it was legal hours I stood up and looked towards the bottom of the draw I expected the deer to come from Sure enough I spotted a deer walking, once I glassed I could immediately tell it was a deer I wanted to harvest. I grabbed my bow and ready myself as he made is way up the hill towards me. The path he was on was going to be a 32 yd shot, so I moved my dial on my hha and drew. Instead of continuing down his path he turned and walked directly to me. He was now 5 yards and broadside, but I didn't have a shot. He looked straight up at me, and looked for roughly 30seconds. He knew something wasn't right and turned to walk away. At 17yds quartering away he stopped to take one more look. When he did that I let my arrow fly. He ran to the bottom of the hill and I lost sight of him after 80yds. After losing sight I thought I heard him crash. I immediately called my wife to let her know I stuck 1. After a half hr or so I got down and got all my stuff together and started tracking him. After a 20yd track job there he layed. He is my biggest bow kill to date. We scored him at 143 4/8. Not the biggest deer out there but 1 I was very proud of non the less.

Ps: I supposed I should have figured out how to post pics before I wrote this lengthy post. Pics soon to follow

Status
  • Deleted by N/A
Top Bottom