Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Swapping out sprayer nozels

LoessHillsArcher

PMA Member
Anyone else use a sprayer like this? We've got two of these sprayers for our 4 wheelers

http://www.forestry-suppliers.com/product_pages/View_Catalog_Page.asp?mi=3760

My question is does anyone know if we can get replacement end nozzels? They are advertised as 30ft sprayers but the coverage isn't great at 30ft. We were thinking we could possibly replace the outside spray nozzels to something with more of a mist for better coverage over a shorter area (like 15 ft) vs one that throws large droplets at a further distance.

I went to a farm/home type store and bought nozzles and tube and made my own boom sprayer for my ATV. They can help you decide what nozzles you need based on your set-up and the results you are looking for. I put 4 nozzles on a 7' boom and it gives me about 9' of coverage. Perfect for what I am doing, but you may have different needs.

I went to a farm/home type store and bought nozzles and tube and made my own boom sprayer for my ATV. They can help you decide what nozzles you need based on your set-up and the results you are looking for. I put 4 nozzles on a 7' boom and it gives me about 9' of coverage. Perfect for what I am doing, but you may have different needs.

Do you have pictures by chance? This sounds like a possibly summer project... won't help us out this spring for spraying but definitely for future projects!

From my understanding you want to keep all of your nozzles the same so the rate of application is the same throughout your coverage area.

I have the same model. I have found that I get good coverage as long as winds are fairly calm and the outside nozzles are tilted upward properly. i don't have any experience with using a different style nozzle, however i think it would work. You may need to recalibrate the sprayer though to make sure you are applying the proper rate.

Do you have pictures by chance? This sounds like a possibly summer project... won't help us out this spring for spraying but definitely for future projects!

One of my buddies has it stored at his place right now. It is nothing fancy but works great. The boom is just a 2 x 4 and I used hose clamps to fasten flexible tube to the bottom of the board. One clamp screwed to the board on each side of the spray nozzles. I built a bracket to extend it about two feet out behind the rear rack of the atv. I just sprayed water through it on the driveway to figure out the placement of the spray nozzles so I had even coverage before tightening everything down. Crude but inexpensive and very effective. Unhook the hand wand and clamp the feeder tube for the boom in its place and its ready to go. I put mine together in about an hour. All you need is one "T" fitting for the flexible tube and the spray nozzles. A couple of inline nozzles and a couple of end nozzles.

One of my buddies has it stored at his place right now. It is nothing fancy but works great. The boom is just a 2 x 4 and I used hose clamps to fasten flexible tube to the bottom of the board. One clamp screwed to the board on each side of the spray nozzles. I built a bracket to extend it about two feet out behind the rear rack of the atv. I just sprayed water through it on the driveway to figure out the placement of the spray nozzles so I had even coverage before tightening everything down. Crude but inexpensive and very effective. Unhook the hand wand and clamp the feeder tube for the boom in its place and its ready to go. I put mine together in about an hour. All you need is one "T" fitting for the flexible tube and the spray nozzles. A couple of inline nozzles and a couple of end nozzles.

Hmmmm... going to be making a trip to the hardware store soon I imagine. Thanks! :way:

Hmmmm... going to be making a trip to the hardware store soon I imagine. Thanks! :way:

No problem and good luck!

Just bring a hose from the sprayer back to the middle of the boom, place the "T" fitting there. Run a piece of hose to each end of the boom and insert the number of nozzles you need down each side. Make sure you dont use more nozzles than the sprayer can support for pressure.

I made a spray bar for my sprayer. Just a simple two nozzle spray, and I can only do about 8feet. But after one of my buddys saw my homemade spraybar he went to a fleet supply store and bought 3nozzles and hose and he can cover about 14feet evenly. His nozzles look just like the ones in your picture.

Top Bottom