Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Sweet corn spray?

newfarmer

I’ve gotten behind my usual weed control with the amounts of rain we have gotten (not complaining about the rain after last year) but weeds have also thrived. The wife is usually anti spray but she’s tossing in the towel with the 2 girls taking most of our time. Any post emergence spray for non gmo sweet corn? Even pumpkins? I had tried to do research and it said 2-4-d? I can’t believe that? Any help or direction would be great (it’s 12 rows is all- not earth shattering and looking to stay “cheaper” on the spectrum for the little amount)

I’ve gotten behind my usual weed control with the amounts of rain we have gotten (not complaining about the rain after last year) but weeds have also thrived. The wife is usually anti spray but she’s tossing in the towel with the 2 girls taking most of our time. Any post emergence spray for non gmo sweet corn? Even pumpkins? I had tried to do research and it said 2-4-d? I can’t believe that? Any help or direction would be great (it’s 12 rows is all- not earth shattering and looking to stay “cheaper” on the spectrum for the little amount)
What weeds are you fighting? If it's just broadleaves, there are a lot of options. If you have grass too, there are a lot less options and they won't be cheap.

What weeds are you fighting? If it's just broadleaves, there are a lot of options. If you have grass too, there are a lot less options and they won't be cheap.
Mainly broadleafs is all- it’s been garden for a few years. Just last year seemed nothing grew due to the drought- now this year I can’t get ahead because of amounts of rain

Dicamba would work, but can cause greensnap. My other choice would be callisto by itself or a premix that has that in it. Harness max would be a good one or accuron if you have an applicators license. Harness max would not require a license but it works better mixed with atrazine. Harness max is a mix of callisto and dual. If u have any farmer buddies you can buy just a little bit is going to be your best shot. Edited to add this will work for corn but will smoke pumpkins.

What do you think about dicamba being pointed at for possible damage to oak trees?
It is quite possible. Most chemicals may drift when sprayed but once they hit the ground they stay put. Both 24d and dicamba will volitolize after application and move. There has been a lot of both of those chems sprayed the last how many years with the introduction of enlist and extend beans and also sprayed later into the summer. High temps can cause more volitilization.

Top Bottom