Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Switching broadheads.

So today I was at Bass Pro looking through the broadhead aisle. I've always shot rage 2 blades and have never once had a problem with them. So I had planned on just picking some up and leaving. Then I got to looking thought I would like to try something new. So I picked up a pack of G3 T3's. Not sure why but decided I wanted to try them. They fly just as well as my rage did so its all good there. Has anyone on here ever taken a deer with the T3? Pros, Cons, Opinions.?

I used them a good bit when they first came out. Huge hole as tons of blood. Only thing that I didn't like was after a few times of taking them in and out of my quiver the spider clips that hold the blades would start to get jacked up and I would have to replace them.

See that was the only thing I didn't like about my rages as well. They Styrofoam insert in my quiver would deploy the blades and eventually break the o ring. I'm hoping once it cools down to where I can hang a deer I can send one through a fat ole doe.

Best broadhead I have used, recovered many deer with them. Huge hole and bloodtrail and bonecrushing tip. I used rage two blades before going to t3's also and won't go back. T3's will bust through shoulder where rages won't. T3 blades don't get trashed as easy after use and are easier to replace. You should be able to take out the foam in your quiver so when you snap arrows in your broadheads sit in a hollow quiver head.

Check out the new rage hypodermic. Its a steel ferrul. New collars that don't deploy in your quiver or on any little weed they touch.
Ive probobly killed 20+ deer with magnus stinger buzzcuts but my quiver is full of the new hypdermics so far this year.
I used the same head on a spring turkey and a doe on saturday. I resharpened it and its ready to go again.
The original rage 2 blade was garbage in my opinion- long weak aluminum ferrul and a stupid retention system. Sure they worked but they were almost exclusively a one shot broadhead.
Coming from a 2 blade cut on contact guy I'm really liking the new rage.
Another head to look at would be the ulmer edge-very well built

I almost switched to the T3s a couple of years ago, but ended up with Grim Reapers as a Christmas present. I have several friends that use the T3s on elk out here, including one good buddy who took his elk 3 years ago with a T3 and a 72 yard shot. Full penetration on a quartering elk, breaking at least 3 ribs on both sides. Left a huge hole, too. Hard to argue with that!

The Ulmer Edge is another one that is gaining popularity out here.

Top Bottom