Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Tactacam Cell Plan

Muskrat24

Maybe I am the only one that didn’t know this but with Tactacam Starter and Intermediate plans your photo count includes multi shot which is never sent to your phone but only stored on SD card. I had a cam blow up on leaves but stayed under my plan photo count on pictures sent to my phone. Plan went over count because I had cam set on 2 shot. Customer service rep stated that it counts the multi shots. Hard to believe this is how the plans are set up since no option to access the multi shots without upgraded service plan. Anyone else ran into this?

That’s news to me too. So if you have it set to take 2 pictures every trigger and you get 125 of those sent to your phone your starter plan is still used up for that month? This makes no sense. The cam still takes pictures even after it goes over they just don’t get sent to your phone. They are stored on the sd card. What about when it’s set to video mode? There’s no way to turn pics off and only take video. It takes a pic first then the video starts. Which is a feature I already hate but if this is true I’m hating it more now. I’m gonna be watching this way closer.

That’s news to me too. So if you have it set to take 2 pictures every trigger and you get 125 of those sent to your phone your starter plan is still used up for that month? This makes no sense. The cam still takes pictures even after it goes over they just don’t get sent to your phone. They are stored on the sd card. What about when it’s set to video mode? There’s no way to turn pics off and only take video. It takes a pic first then the video starts. Which is a feature I already hate but if this is true I’m hating it more now. I’m gonna be watching this way closer.
My starter plan shows 500 pics for 2 cams. Between the two cams I received 250 pics and the other 250 were from multi shot set on 2 which got me to 500 but only half show on the app. And the other half would never come through app b/c multi shot on 2.

My starter plan shows 500 pics for 2 cams. Between the two cams I received 250 pics and the other 250 were from multi shot set on 2 which got me to 500 but only half show on the app. And the other half would never come through app b/c multi shot on 2.

Yeah that’s bs imo. It’s more so they don’t have that info readily available on their price per plan page. I’ve been running all my cams on 2 shot for over 2 years. Never noticed it til it was posted here. To charge folks a fee for pictures that have to be retrieved from the sd card is insane. Not much different than having to pay for the 1 hour developing on the old cams. I’ve gone so far as to run some of my cams with the work timer on so I didn’t go over. And here all this time I’ve only been getting half the number of pictures I thought I was getting. I’m pretty disgusted over this whole deal

I have 3 tactacams. I just have always had them set to 1 picture. Never tried video or multi-shot. Overall I have have been happy. Im not very techy and have low patience for trying to figure it out, and I can figure them out, so Im happy with their user friendliness.

I have mine on the intermediate plan now, I want to say its $8/month each.

f I put on over corn/alfalfa bail in the winter I change it to unlimited.

***they are the only cell cam i have used, so I have nothing to compare to

Last edited:
This is not how it works for me. Only the pic sent to my phone counts. My new month started today. My plan on the app says 76 of 1250 pictures and I see 76 pictures on my phone. I have 5 cameras at the base plan of $5 each. My phones were on 3 shot, but switched to 2 shot last night based on this post. Not sure my cameras would all have received that update when pictures came in so some were likely still 3 shot - but they were all at least 2 shot. Tactacam combines all the cameras on one plan - which is nice. Intermediate is $8 for first cam and $7.50 for all others and gets 500 pics (to phone) per camera. If I get close to going over in a month, I switch to intermediate and just pay a prorated extra amount for the rest of the month and get 2500 pics. Or, you can just get 250 extra pics for another $5. I have done that when there are just a few days left in the month. I'm not sure why the OP has a different experience, but my plan only counts pics to the app/phone - which is obviously how it should work. I also went to 2 sends a day instead of immediate and like that better.

I currently had 7- used to be the pro plan or whatever but some of the cams barely took pictures and some took lots. So backed it down but that was a mistake. One property is 2 hours away so they are handy. But over $50 a month for 500 pics per cam- looking at others now

I'm running 5 cameras currently and am paying $25/month for the starter (250 pictures per camera - for a total of 1250 pictures combined per month).

This is not how it works for me. Only the pic sent to my phone counts. My new month started today. My plan on the app says 76 of 1250 pictures and I see 76 pictures on my phone. I have 5 cameras at the base plan of $5 each. My phones were on 3 shot, but switched to 2 shot last night based on this post. Not sure my cameras would all have received that update when pictures came in so some were likely still 3 shot - but they were all at least 2 shot. Tactacam combines all the cameras on one plan - which is nice. Intermediate is $8 for first cam and $7.50 for all others and gets 500 pics (to phone) per camera. If I get close to going over in a month, I switch to intermediate and just pay a prorated extra amount for the rest of the month and get 2500 pics. Or, you can just get 250 extra pics for another $5. I have done that when there are just a few days left in the month. I'm not sure why the OP has a different experience, but my plan only counts pics to the app/phone - which is obviously how it should work. I also went to 2 sends a day instead of immediate and like that better.
I’m more than happy with the service just did not know about the multi shot counting toward the starter and intermediate plan. I was just wanting others to know how it worked. I can assure this experience is what everyone under the starter or intermediate plan that does not pay the extra $9 per camera for all photos has. Double checked with the place I get my cams through and they confirmed what I was told by CS. I bought two more cams today so more than happy with service but will change all of mine to single shot.

I’m more than happy with the service just did not know about the multi shot counting toward the starter and intermediate plan. I was just wanting others to know how it worked. I can assure this experience is what everyone under the starter or intermediate plan that does not pay the extra $9 per camera for all photos has. Double checked with the place I get my cams through and they confirmed what I was told by CS. I bought two more cams today so more than happy with service but will change all of mine to single shot.
I am not saying it isn't your experience. But don't tell me it is my experience as well. I am in the starter without any extra fee and only pics to my phone count towards the monthly amount. The other 1 or 2 that are only on the card are free for me.

I have around 20 reveals, varying models from the originals to newest. All on the basic $5/mo plan which gets you 250 pics I believe. All of the pics pool together, so 20 gets 2,500 pics/mo, which is nice. If you go over I think you get 250 more in the kitty for $5. I don't have many deer nor can I bait/feed so pic count is rarely an issue for me. It's a pretty damn good deal compared to others I've used IMO.

Not being a fanboy. Have used, Tactacam, cuddelink, reconyx, Exodus, and stealthcam cells. Have never tried Spartans. I have sold all and now only use Cuddelinks on two owned properties, and the rest Tactacam. I've personally ran all through the ringer and have all the faith in the world in the Reveals. They blow even the reconyx cell out of the water outside of low res app pic quality IMO.

Worth noting here - virtually all issues with them or other cells are signal strength or user error. If you have poor signal, all of these brands will have "i never received that pic on the SD card" issues.

Top Bottom