Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Tactacam Cell Plan

Out of curiosity for those that have 6-15 cams on one property, is the cuddle link system the way to go? Seems like it would be based on monthly plan cost. I have an assortment of probably 12 cameras (not all cell) on my home farm and I’m considering whether I should just switch to cuddle link system and save money. Thoughts?

Out of curiosity for those that have 6-15 cams on one property, is the cuddle link system the way to go? Seems like it would be based on monthly plan cost. I have an assortment of probably 12 cameras (not all cell) on my home farm and I’m considering whether I should just switch to cuddle link system and save money. Thoughts?
I really like it. I'm running around 30. They make really high quality solar panels with twist lock cables. I have cameras going on year two with original batteries.

I really like it. I'm running around 30. They make really high quality solar panels with twist lock cables. I have cameras going on year two with original batteries.
Agreed - the cuddelinks are great but external power is a must. Have several without internal batteries running just on the PW-3600 solar panel that are over 900 days running

Ok gotcha. Thought you were recommending the Spartans? Is that just for when you’re not running multiple on a farm or something?

Agreed - the cuddelinks are great but external power is a must. Have several without internal batteries running just on the PW-3600 solar panel that are over 900 days runnin
So I’ve tried 3 cuddelinks as kind of a test to see if I want to go all in on them and I must be doing something wrong bc I have the D batteries in them and the 3600 solar panel and I’m getting about 4-5 months before everything is dead. Maybe I just don’t have a couple of them in a full sun spot?

So I’ve tried 3 cuddelinks as kind of a test to see if I want to go all in on them and I must be doing something wrong bc I have the D batteries in them and the 3600 solar panel and I’m getting about 4-5 months before everything is dead. Maybe I just don’t have a couple of them in a full sun spot?
Could be. The mentioned ones are in wide open fields with direct, south exposure.

I have 15 cams running on solar panels for $15 a month for all of them. Solar keeps them going so no more battery trips - very happy with that system. Haven't had to put any batteries in cameras in over 2 years - so nice to just leave them alone and let them do their job.

I have 15 cams running on solar panels for $15 a month for all of them. Solar keeps them going so no more battery trips - very happy with that system. Haven't had to put any batteries in cameras in over 2 years - so nice to just leave them alone and let them do their job.
Huh ? What camera company?

Re CuddeLink — running 24 cams on the network, unlimited pics for $360/year ($1.25 per cam per month). New solar panels are amazing. Ran on one set of batteries all year last year. This year I’m testing a couple cams with no batteries.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re CuddeLink — running 24 cams on the network, unlimited pics for $360/year ($1.25 per cam per month). New solar panels are amazing. Ran on one set of batteries all year last year. This year I’m testing a couple cams with no batteries.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Few guys on here talking about how long their cuddebacks are lasting w the solar panel…..I have not had that kind of luck. Wonder what I’m doing wrong? Do you guys do anything to the solar panel when u take it out of the box or do u just hook it up to the camera and roll? I’ve put new D batteries in the camera and have the solar panel hooked up and only get 4-5 months! Are your solar panels facing straight up or anything weird? Mine are slightly tilted to the sky but more facing horizontal to the ground so maybe I’m not getting the sun the way some of u are?

Can u describe your process from opening the solar panel out of the box to how you mount them for me possibly? I’m just not getting anything close to that with mine

Top Bottom