Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Tactics for last week of October

I like to hunt staging areas that contain some scrapes, in the evening. You can catch them hitting scrapes before they hit the ag field edges/scrapes.

Field edges still for me, it has been my opinion that in this time of year bucks are starting to check out where the does are hanging. A little decoy action could work too.

I am going to lay low I think with the high temps, pull a couple cards and hang one last stand for a NW wind on a field edge.

Lots of bucks out tonight in the cut corn fields. No chasing, just feeding with doe groups. No giants but a couple 150's. Its getting close.

Depending on what windshield time and trail cameras tell me I will either be on staging areas with scrapes or on a field edge with scrapes nearby.

I'm headed down south tomorrow AM and sitting before sunrise - hanging 2 stands at another property a few miles away and hunting a pond along cut corn in the evening.

Please elaborate. Morning/Evening? Field edge/timber? Real horns/fake? Blind rattling/saw a shooter?

Timber, I like to get somewhere where I can get most bang for buck and have sound carry. I have never had success rattling a buck down hill but always up. Fake horns, always blind rattling, never rattle when you can see them, they can pinpoint too easy unless u have a decoy

Rattle= tagged out last week of October 6 out of 7 years

Timber, I like to get somewhere where I can get most bang for buck and have sound carry. I have never had success rattling a buck down hill but always up. Fake horns, always blind rattling, never rattle when you can see them, they can pinpoint too easy unless u have a decoy

Tickle or hard sparring? I've been getting a few bucks on camera setting the pecking order the last few weeks.

Top Bottom