Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Tag issue need help!!

codywright

TENRINGER
So I go to buy a tag the other day and the clerk tells me they are all sold out. I asked her again saying they hardly ever sell out by now. I asked her to try a third time and she assures me nope all sold out. So I settled for the next county over didn't want to but I need the meat. So I took it upon myself to call recorder afterwards and they tell me there is 1233 tags still left!! I go back in today, I bought tag on Monday. Tell the clerk to try again and this time she finds it, she calls to get it switched or voided and they won't work with me. The clerk had a scroll down button and didn't use it. This is not my fault and the tag should be transferred. I am trying to be legal begal here and do the right thing. I keep getting run around when I try to talk to " sparkys account manager" he is being childish and won't return my phone calls everytime his desk ladies transfer me. I left messages and no call back. So the help I am wanting is the number of someone who will do something cause this isn't right!!! PM me if you need to, but I want to be legal with right tag for the county I will be hunting instead of having to drive more than I already have. Thanks.

Call your local DNR officer and explain it to him... I know my local officer said he can transfer tags if he initials it...

I doubt there's anything you can do except maybe go to the courthouse to get it switched, don't know if you can even do that though. When buying tags, I usually try to stay away from places where you may think the clerk doesn't have a clue other than how to push the buttons. Good luck getting it switched though.

I agree lyon but I don't live real close to courthouse. If they are gonna let these one stop shops run the machines they should train them first!

Call your CO and see if he/she can help. I always check online before I go buy a doe tag to make sure the county has them available. If yes and the store clerk can't print, get a manager involved and explain you know there are tags available and there has to be a way to print you a tag for that county.

If you need the meat just go buy another for $13.00 for the correct county and if you have time go shoot another in the other county. I agree that the mistake wasnt your fault but for $13.00 I would just go buy another and move on. The time you have already spent and aggravation isnt worth it in my opinion.

Wapsiguy, it doesn't matter, nobodys perfect everyone makes mistakes. 13$ is 13$ I shouldn't have to spend. Fact of the matter is I called CO that person says SOL. Same ol story just a different tune with them. That area of the DNR lacks alot!!!!!

I understand your frustration. I wasnt trying to tick you off just giving you my opinion of what I would do.

I had to transfer a tag a few years ago but I had to go to the Wallace building to get it done.

Sent from my iPhone using IW

I had the same issue 2 yrs ago and took it back to the gas station I bought it from. They exchanged it with no problem whatsoever. I told em they it was their error and they sold me the wrong county, which they did.

Tried everything but they kept putting me off and when they would transfer me to Justin supposedly the guy I needed to talk to he wouldn't pick up the phone. Tried three times. Never did get a call back and the gals there just said they couldn't due it cause it was my fault and I shouldn't have bought an adams tag. I was made to believe that was my only choice. I could see if it was three or four days down the road, but the very next morning? I have no faith in our DNR what so ever. I have had nothing but bad luck with them when it comes to doing the right thing. Kinda see some of the reasons people do what they do now. I know that don't make it right, but the way the put you off its no wonder they have troubles when it can be an easy fix. Just so you know I did buy another tag. Yes frustrated to say the least.

Being frustrated when something is not your fault does piss a guy off but seriously just swallow the pissed off pill and go buy another $13 tag and be done with it. Kill a doe in both counties and enjoy the fact that you even have that opportunity this late in the year, some states do not.

Being frustrated when something is not your fault does piss a guy off but seriously just swallow the pissed off pill and go buy another $13 tag and be done with it. Kill a doe in both counties and enjoy the fact that you even have that opportunity this late in the year, some states do not.

Couldn't agree more! Just forget about it as you have no control of it now. Goos luck!

Top Bottom