Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Tags?

M

MQ32

Hey I am in a bit of a predicament i lost my bow tag and my hunting liscense does anyone know if i can get a duplicate of either one of these or am i outta luck? I planned on hunting the later bow season but it wont do me any good if i dont have a tag
confused.gif

Will they reprint a deer tag for me though? my brother and I thought they wouldnt becasue we thought people would take advantage of this. Will i be able to get antoher tag?
confused.gif

They will print you a duplicate license, but I would be highly surprised if they are allowed to print duplicate tags. If they did the line would probably run clear out into the parking lot. You can always ask though.

I had about 8 deer tags duplicate printed last year, just go to walmart they will take care of you. Basically what happened to me is my wallet got soaked and the way my tags were in there it rubbed all the words off so I couldn't tell which tag was which. It's really no big deal
grin.gif

I worked at a sporting goods store in Clinton Iowa and i was always reprinting deer tags. I know exactly what people are doing, some people will just fill there tag and then go in and say they lost it so they can get a new one. I am not saying this is what you are doing i truely believe you lost yours but this is what some people do, and it is rediculas. Iowa needs a check system of some sort. Hell i have had people tell me they shot 4 bucks in the shotgun season and used the same tag on all of them. They just take the tag of once they process the deer and use it again and again. It is getting to the point where some dirtballs are taking advatage of it.
frown.gif
and it sucks.

[ QUOTE ]
Just an online reporting would suffice and stop that sort of abuse to the tag system.

[/ QUOTE ]

yes shredder that would help. We really need to find some way to put a stop to it. I really dislike these kind of people. The one guy that told me that he shot 4 bucks and use the same tag on all of them was calling me a poacher because i bought 5 doe tags this year and i shot a lot of does and just give them to people that dont hunt and like the meat. I dont think there is anything wrong with that, the tags are in my name and i DONT sell the deer i just give them to them.

Well i did really lose my tags and i dont want to make a bad name for myself. I just wanted to get a duplicate so i could hunt the late bow season. I will proally go after school today before practice to see if they will allow it. If not then so be it i guess i will have to hit the fields for some big ol roosters. Thanks for the help

He did lose his tag.. hes a slob
grin.gif
I didnt think they would do that. I have gotten duplicate hunting license, but not tags.

[ QUOTE ]
We really need to find some way to put a stop to it.

[/ QUOTE ]

If it bugs you that much, why not turn them in?

I suppose eventually they might get caught, just like the guys steal'n GOOSE DECOYS around home here.

It's not a big deal to reprint the license and tags. Just hope it wasn't the license with your hunting and habitat and deer tag on it. Then it is 3.50 for each different license. By the way the DNR should give us sport shops more money for printing out the tags. HA HA
grin.gif
Our books looked pretty darn good until you take the 40 some thousand dollars out that we sold in licenses. No really it can be quite the headache for only 50 cents a license.
crazy.gif

My 13-year-old son left his deer tag in his hunting pants and all the writing is gone now too so I need to get a duplicate for him also. Thanks for the info I was concerned I wouldn't be able to get one for him either! I have hunted for 25 plus years and never had that happen I guess I have been lucky!!

My 13-year-old son left his deer tag in his hunting pants and all the writing is gone now too so I need to get a duplicate for him also. Thanks for the info I was concerned I wouldn't be able to get one for him either! I have hunted for 25 plus years and never had that happen I guess I have been lucky!!
You realize this post is almost 20 yrs old I hope. I’d think you could get a duplicate but things have changed in 18 yrs. Ex: they implemented the reporting system mentioned above.

Go to any place that sells tags and request a duplicate. Small fee. Did this last fall when I misplaced my tag.

Yes , very old thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I got my 1st season tag online for the first time this year. Tag came but my wife didn't say anything so I called the DNR number for the license department and they sent me another one. When I saw the first tag my wife showed me, I just tore it up and threw it away. I didn't check if the numbers were the same?

Top Bottom