Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Taken time off

alaskanwhtail

When do you like to take a vacation for deer season. I try to get the begining chase phase off as most bucks are more intise to the calling with doe bleats and the one day I always want off is the first snow. I call in on that day. There is just way to much activity going on when the sun comes up that morning with 3 inches of fresh snow, man I miss that cold shivering all day sit. What are your favorite times of the deer season.

I Already put in and got the first week of November off for vacation. Yahooooo! I cant wait, the rut ought to be off to a good start by then and I'm hoping for some awesome bowhunting.
peace.gif

I really like the last week of Oct. I took the last two weeks in october and a week from the middle of the first week to the middle of the second week in nov. Can't wait to get out hunting.

Normally the first week in Nov.,but this year the last week in Oct. might be the ticket,weather permitting,atleast not hot.Definetly like to catch the seek and chase phase,when the bucks are cruising,before the actual breeding takes place.

I don't get to beacause I'm a teacher and have the summer off but if I could I'd trade the month of August's holidays with October, if there was one time when i could pick to be out it would be October, without a doubt.

me just getting back to work vacation will be out thisyear.I will have time though on the weekends.Normally though it will be the first to second week of Nov.
grin.gif

This year Oct. 21st-Nov. 15th, except for the eight days In Florida. Sitting on a beach when I should be sitting in a stand. Halloween and election day on the beach. Already applied for absentee ballott, gonna by a battery powered TV and watch election returns while listening to the waves lap gently against the shore.

Wife happy, life happy.

The 'Bonker

I work for the State of Iowa. My work hours are 6:00 a.m. thru 2:30 p.m. I am very fortunate to have a good career with a very good vacation/benefit package.

Besides hunting the afternoon's and evenings after work I have 15 total days off in October to bow hunt.

I also have taken November 1st-5th off for bow hunting with my stepson (PMA avidhunter). I will also be hunting afternoons and weekends in November.

I will be going to Missouri to hunt during their muzzleloader season for 7 full days with my son Ryan who is a Missouri resident (season Nov.26th-Dec. 5th).

Then I will be hunting 17 days during the late muzzleloader season here in Iowa (Dec 20th-Jan.10th). Plus of course afternoons and evenings on the days I do have to work.
smile.gif

Guess I go a different route than most of you do. I take some days off around December 22nd, and don't go back til after the 1st. Works out great, because there are several holidays mixed in - makes the vacation days go farther. Love to hunt the late muzzleloader season. The archery season is long enough for me to get out quite a bit, but for late ML season, I like doing it this way. Plus, CamoKid is off from school, so we can hunt together a lot.

I work a total of 14 days between Oct 1st and Nov 30th this year. Most of my time off is between Oct 21st and Nov 15th. Should be time to Git R Done
grin.gif

Top Bottom