Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Tax Rebate

I thought the $600 for singles was the standard too... until I found a Stimulous payment calculator yesterday. According to that I would only get $300 back.

Now today I went to the IRS website and filled out their calculator and it said $600... so who knows. Guess I'll wait till I get it and go from there.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DOR</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Anybody get theres yet? </div></div>

Thought I would be first based on my SS# and I e-filed and had direct deposit. Have not received anything yet.

I think it's a typical example of the hypocracy of our federal government. For years we all have been reading about the poor savings rate in the U.S. (i.e. negative savings rate) compared to other countries in the world (I guess we have taken a page out of the fed's "great" money management example of deficit spending, etc.).

Now when the fed's need to improve the economy, the only quick answer they can come up with is to "refund" money (i.e borrow it from foreign buyers of US treasuries) and encourage those same consumers who have so poorly saved in the past to go out and spend it on consumption (i.e. buying more non-domestic made products). Can you tell I am just a WEEEEEEEEEE bit sarcastic about the US economic situation.

Somedays I really get anxious about the future of my kids. They are really in for a much steeper climb to economic security in the next 50 years than I believe I am facing in the next 15 years.

I should probably sink it into the 529's for my two 8 yr. olds.

the purpose as mentioned is Economy Stimulious.

smart people will dump it into debt....

im getting a new treestand....
/forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: THA4</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

im getting a new treestand....
/forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif</div></div>

Anyone use the new lone wolf elite yet?

talk about sense....
on the news today, bush was talking about the new farm bill, taking subsidies away from the "wealthy farmers"

what about taking some money away from the wealthy oil companies?

another couple things i can't wrap my head around; when gas cost $1.50 a gallon, and oil was at, what, $80 a barrel, gas companies made X% profit. if the cost of oil rises, the cost of gas rises. now if these raises are equal in proportion, gas companies should still make the same X% profit, but every year since 9/11, or katrina, the gas companies are setting record profit margins. we are supposed to believe that we aren't getting screwed?!?!?!!?

and;
every year i get a cost of living raise, at the same time our insurance premiums increase. with the rising cost of gas, and groceries, i'm losing more and more money each week

well put TeeRoy....

my frustrations exactly....

its crap, and especially since there isnt much we can do about it.....

i dont get a cost of living raise....

I am already taking less trips for hunting and fishing because of the price of gas.

It is $3.60 a gallon up here right now.

I just can't stand pumping $80 into my truck each weekend.

I guess I will just have to hunt and fish better this year so I can get the job done in less trips. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

For everyone upset with getting a rebate check from our government please feel free to PM me and I will be happy to give you my address so I can put it in my savings account. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

Every penny of our check is going to bills!!

I would rather buy a new bow, but that is not in the cards!! /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif

with the cost of gas and groceries climbing every day, a $600 rebate check, for a failing economy, is like pissing on a house fire. it will barely slow the burn

and now, our @&@#@**(^( governor, after raising the registration fees on ALL vehicles, is going to ask that the gas tax gets raised another nickel!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: risto2351</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
For everyone upset with getting a rebate check from our government please feel free to PM me and I will be happy to give you my address so I can put it in my savings account. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif </div></div>

Exactly!

Teeroy, not to come across as to challenge you here, but I think you're confusing profit percentage to overall profit earned. Americans are using more and more gas everyday thus increasing the over all earnings(profits) of the oil companies. Their profit percentage is roughly 8%. If I remember correctly this margin has stayed fairly consistent. America is about capitalism and I don't blame big oil - I blame the oil producing nations! Think about it - we're subject to overseas oil pressure. Until America consumes less oil and we change our habits we should prepare to be at the mercy of who big oil companies buy their crude from. Don't get me wrong here fellas - I hate filling up at the pump too but it's not going away until we do something about it ourselves and that my friends, boils down to consumption.

Ahhhh, who am I kidding - I'm challenging you here so flame away /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: teeroy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">with the cost of gas and groceries climbing every day, a $600 rebate check, for a failing economy, is like pissing on a house fire. it will barely slow the burn </div></div>

HOOOOYAH.

This whole thing makes absolutely no sense to me whatsoever. My sons 300 is going into his savings account, and my wife and I's will do the same. I'm not giving a dime of that money to any foreign product - which is just about every dang thing you buy and I sure as hell ain't going to use it for gas! If the whole nation could do the same and make the plan backfire it would be great. Maybe we'd get another one in 6 months. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

I'm already sick of the commercials on TV about all the "rebate" sales competitions between all the local retailers. BARF.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: THA4</div><div class="ubbcode-body">well put TeeRoy....

my frustrations exactly...i dont get a cost of living raise....</div></div>

Me neither, thats why I don't feel bad playing on here all day. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Skully</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: THA4</div><div class="ubbcode-body">well put TeeRoy....

my frustrations exactly...i dont get a cost of living raise....</div></div>

Me neither, thats why I don't feel bad playing on here all day. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif </div></div>

I second that.......

Top Bottom