Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Taxidermy Recommendations

Dan Adamson of High Plains Taxidermy is very good. He has mounted several deer for me and my family members. I would recommend giving him a call. His shop is located in Creston, Iowa.

I would check out Scott Rolffs out of Sully, my brother had his buck done there and it turned out awesome. It only took about 2 months to get back as well.

Another vote for Joe Meder here. I've never seen a mount done by him that didnt look flawless! There is a reason they let him design the forms that the other guys use...

*Spelling edit
wall.gif

A few other guys mentioned him, but Darin Brincks in Washburn has done a lot of work for me also. He just did an antelope for me last year. Give him a call. ( 319 )296-1059. You won't be disappointed if you take a look at his work. I will be stopping up there sometime soon to pick up my skull mount that he is doing. I can snap some pics of some of his work if you want. Let me know.

Durk Sterner has done my last three whitetails and I believe he will do Mules too. His mounts are great and are a great price, I think he is 325 for a whitetail. My last two deer I got back in 4 months which is incredible turnaround time too. If you would like pictures or anything else let me know.

Kratz

[ QUOTE ]
I also vote for Hoch taxidermy but mine is for Derek Hoch in Milo. His price is good and the final result is AWESOME. 515-360-9979. Give him a call.

[/ QUOTE ]

derek does AWESOME work. just a few miles from indianola

I have had Marlin Hoch do several mounts for me and am very happy.If you see his showroom you will see he does all sorts of animals all equally great.And he has alot of years experience.During the winter he is a full time taxidermist that's why he has a quick turn over. Rick Whittaker is also very good. <font color="black"> </font>

I also vote for Marlin Hoch!! Here is my 170" 10 pointer that was featured on Kisky Productions WE5. Marlin did such a great job on this one my 150" buck is there now and is expected to be done sometime around January-Febuary.

John
343170Mount.JPG

I know that this post is a little old and you've probably made your decision....but...Whitaker and Meder's work is exellent. I'm a very picky person when it comes to quality taxidermy. I have one on my wall that I paid less for and it looks like it. It always amazes me when I see huge bucks, recently harvested, that look like an amature mounted it.

I just dropped off Sharky at Whitaker's yesterday. I can't wait to see what this artist does with him.
waytogo.gif

Top Bottom