Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Tech Help

Since the change to the site I get javascipt error right away when I get in. I only have this on my pc at home, everything works fine on my work computer. The drop downs do not appear and I can't view any of the photo fields. About all I can do is the forums. Someone has to be in the chatroom for me to be able to get in since the drop downs don't drop etc. Could the problem be related to me still using Windows 95. I've tried going in with a fresh start doing the www iowawhitetail location thing also. Any ideas from the computer savvy for the computer challenged?

Thank You AGS

Well Windows 95 not coming with all the new and up to date technology is your problem. Windows stopped supporting that at Windows Update a long time ago. Not sure what this site will do for Win95, but try http://java.sun.com/
and check out some of the popular downloads on the right. Actually check out the site. If anything will help you it will probably be found on this site. Good Luck. Think about upgrading your OS if not your pc.

The problem is most likely rooted in the fact that you can't run IE6. The newest versio of IE you can run with Win95 is IE5.5
The Java platform has been tweaked a lot within IE6 and I've seen things like this with other 95 machines on other websites. The content does not work correctly.
Upgrade your browser to 5.5 and use the link above to adjust your JVM if that does not work.
You might think about socking some money away to replace your computer!

[ QUOTE ]
The problem is most likely rooted in the fact that you can't run IE6. The newest versio of IE you can run with Win95 is IE5.5
The Java platform has been tweaked a lot within IE6 and I've seen things like this with other 95 machines on other websites. The content does not work correctly.
Upgrade your browser to 5.5 and use the link above to adjust your JVM if that does not work.
You might think about socking some money away to replace your computer!

[/ QUOTE ]

Ditto. Sorry.
crazy.gif

if i know AGS like i think i do you guys may want to spell out all the words you put into acronyms. no offense AGS cuz i don't know what "OS or IE" means either. orange suitcase and ignorantly elevated perhaps??

wink.gif

I too got a little lost in thought there too.English please.
smirk.gif
grin.gif

Simply put

Windows 95 = junk

It's no longer a "supported" operating system...software developers do not build their software to work properly with Windows 95.

IE = Internet Explorer
OS = Operating System (version of Windows)

IE 6.0 has been the standard by which web pages are developed for over 2 years now. Plugins like Java are an integral part many interactive sites (like Iowawhitetail.com). Problem is, hackers and bad guys found that Java could be used in an evil way and Microsoft/Sun had to sew up a bunch of security holes between IE and Java. This was done in IE6...older versions of IE don't jive with the new stuff.

Top Bottom